295 35 19 Rears stock wheels any one run this combo yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 295 35 19 Rears stock wheels any one run this combo yet? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have been reading a lot of 305 30 19 on stock wheels but you lose some height. I feel ...
    Lucas English is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

295 35 19 Rears stock wheels any one run this combo yet?

I have been reading a lot of 305 30 19 on stock wheels but you lose some height. I feel thicker tire is as important as a wider tire for traction plus I like the look of a meatier sidewall. This size is a 1/4in wider and taller then stock. I have been looking at the BFG KDW NT or the Pilot Sport. Depending on cost I am leaning to the Michelin because its a quieter tire in the reviews I have read.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ultimateendz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 BMW X3, 2011 CTS-V coupe

Re: 295 35 19 Rears stock wheels any one run this combo yet?

ive got them on my stock coupe wheels....ive got super sports and they fit just fine

Better traction then stock?

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateendz
    ive got them on my stock coupe wheels....ive got super sports and they fit just fine
    Pics?

ultimateendz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 BMW X3, 2011 CTS-V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas English View Post
    Better traction then stock?
    much better traction then stocks....i went 11.1@134 rolling off the line at the dragstrip on them....i think anything else street tire wise and id be spinning my way to a 13.6@124...lol

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I'm running 295/30/19 pilot super sports on the stock wheels, I will say they are vastly stickier than the stock PS2s. I can actually get through 1st gear with only a little bit of wheelspin now, and they hold 2nd really well. Vast improvement. Expensive though, with tax and shipping (from tirerack) the set was $1700. 265/30/19s on the front. I made the PS2s last for about 24,000 miles, the PSSes have a higher treadwear rating so I'm hoping to make them last till 50k.

Every thing I read I am really leaning for the supper sports. I was thinking the 265 40 19 in the front to be a closer match to the rear. I would think a 265 30 would be almost 2in shorter then stock which seem odd size to me and would be over a 2in difference from front to rear.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

^^^

This subject has been pretty well hashed out in many previous posts/threads. I'm going with PSS's F:265/40/19 and R:295/35/19 on my sedan as soon as my current PS's are gone. Others have gone with these sizes previously with good results, soooo I think it's gonna work well.

Rob

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas English View Post
    Every thing I read I am really leaning for the supper sports. I was thinking the 265 40 19 in the front to be a closer match to the rear. I would think a 265 30 would be almost 2in shorter then stock which seem odd size to me and would be over a 2in difference from front to rear.
    The stock 255/40 is 102mm sidewall from rim to tread, the 265/30 is 79.5mm.
    102mm = 4.01"
    79.5mm = 3.13"

Therefore the 265/30s on the front are .9" shorter than stock.

Also, with the rears at 295/30, the difference from front to rear is only .39", i.e. less than half an inch difference, at least in terms of sidewall height.

You still may want to get taller fronts, just saying that the difference with 30s is not that extreme.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.