took the plunge... 18 x 12's with 345/30/18's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, took the plunge... 18 x 12's with 345/30/18's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well I am sure there are a few of u wanting some big meat on your rear...for my coupe, I ...
    FSTMRFR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 V coupe
    Well I am sure there are a few of u wanting some big meat on your rear...for my coupe, I am having some wheels made so we have more options for drag radials, because 19's suck for options, and 20's break the bank, not to mention no side wall for helpful launch.... They should be completed sometime in late Dec.... This is going to be such a tight fit.... So the combo will be 18x12 forgestar CF5's and BF Goodrich 345/30/18 which are 26.4" tall, same as factory ride height tires, so speedometer will still be correct hope all works out well with no/minimal modification..... I will keep everyone updated once the arrive and I get them mounted... Only thing I still need to get are tpms .... Anyone know of a cheap place for them?

----------

Just re-read my post... First sentence sounds horrible... Laughing at myself for that statement.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Re: took the plunge... 18 x 12's with 345/30/18's

Yeah let us know how you like that big meat in your rear! LMFAO. No pictures please.

ctsVeteran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Blue Diamond Tricoat '09 CTS-V

When I saw the title I came here hoping for pictures... but yeah after that first line.. No pics please lol.

But really where are the pics??

I just ordered them, as stated in first post... They will arrive in mid Dec, I will definitely post pics......of the wheels and tires.....lol...

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Just busting your chops FSTMRFR. Post pictures of the wheels when you get them.

I know man...lol... I will definitely post pics.... I am sure lots of people want some thick rubber to take up the gap in there..... Nobody wants to feel inadequate...... Lol........ There us another for u to jump on bro....want pics of that too... Lol...

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

What's your biggest worry with the size choice? Would 18x11 have been a safer choice?

Jayfrigginjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black, Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_V_e
    What's the your biggest worry with the size choice? Would 18x11 have been a safer choice?
    +1...

Quote Originally Posted by Ste_V_e
    What's your biggest worry with the size choice? Would 18x11 have been a safer choice?
    I am worried the 18" barrel will hit the spring perch on the a-arm or IRS torque brase.... With the width because of the size... But we will see.... Tires on their way... Wheels in process of manufacturing...... Larger diameter will clear with the width because there is more clearance with the larger wheel diameter if all that makes since...

NAX-121 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V: 07 EXT: 05 EXT: 05 Ram SRT-10rc: 800hp NORDIC Boat

I ended up buying a set of Team Dynamics 18x10 rims for track use. These were the best price light weight wheels I found. I too had concerns due to suspension mods, but was very happy that they bolted right on. Plenty of clearance and no issues after three soild hard track weekends. 18x12 should work as long as they have the offset right. If you go to XWeapon's web site and look under wheels you will find the Team Dynamics wheels and the pics of the red V2 is mine. Good luck and look foward to the pics.

I will check it out... It's gonna be close... I should have wheels in the next two weeks... Still need to buy tpms though... Tires are patiently waiting in my garage for the wheels... They are freakin huge... 345/30/18 bf goodrich...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.