getting the V painted - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, getting the V painted in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; the V's primer is white, so when "I" get a chip or two it's not noticeable unless you're looking hard ...
    Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Re: getting the V painted

the V's primer is white, so when "I" get a chip or two it's not noticeable unless you're looking hard for them. =p
    white is superior in all aspects of clean-cardom. it's a scientific indisputable irrefutable fact.
    Mike02z and Mike02z like this.

silverstreaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Sedan

I do like white cars but I'm thinking when I'm 60 and living in Boca
    Mike02z and Mike02z like this.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

I have a friend who has a 09 V that is white. I dunno, just seems like the color a pimp would drive to me. I'll take the chips and difficulty keeping it clean over being "G-Diddy-Sizzle"

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

do you get the dreaded rust specs on the white?

lol this isn't the 70's. I've never even owned a car that rusted or showed any signs of rust. my last 5 cars were either white or lt-silver. and the pimp factor is the main reason why one rocks a cocaine white sedan. if you're in "the know" then you'll understand. pimp daddy in the caddy is exactly what i'm going for. crisp, clean, and loads of caffeine. just so you know not all whites are created equal, gm's diamond white, benz's white and lexus's white are in a league all by themselves. set them next to a ford white and you'll understand what i mean.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Not rust through, I am talking about the little rust specs that you can see on all white cars. Its brake dust that clings to the paint and rusts on top of the paint. Personally I have owned one white car and never again. Just not my style. I do like the diamond white but I prefer black because if you know how to take care of black NOTHING looks better than a well taken care of black vehicle. Its universally the best looking surface.

When I used to autbody and paint, white was the best color to hide questionable bodywork because it does hide all flaws well. But I always told my clients that only good bodymen have the nuts to do repairs on black cars. Black shows every flaw, so when you see a perfect black car its that much more impressive.

[QUOTE=larry arizona;3126802]Not rust through, I am talking about the little rust specs that you can see on all white cars. Its brake dust that clings to the paint and rusts on top of the paint.

I've never encountered that, must be because i wash my cars 2x a week. my wife's (white) car is alittle less "babied" and I've never seen that on her car either. must be from cheap metalic break pads. i'll be looking at white cars now trying to identify this claim. i'll keep you posted.

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

I like white, but for a more practical reason. Global warming is not going away, and it is darn hot in any other color, or at least it is here......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.