Custom Brake Caliper Color. Suggestions???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Custom Brake Caliper Color. Suggestions??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Above is a picture of my car. It is a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with the Black Raven paint job. ...
    LyndellWiggins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Custom Brake Caliper Color. Suggestions???

Above is a picture of my car. It is a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with the Black Raven paint job. I have some big plans for it's future but I am hung up on the brake caliper color. I plan to completely black out the car. I'm thinking Matte Black paint, black out all the chrome, get the black grilles from D3, black side vents from D3, black license plate trim from D3, black Cadillac logos from D3, graphite rims, tinted windows (not too too dark. I still want to be seen), and possibly (and that's a bit "if" so far) black out the tail lights.

I love the yellow brake calipers but my uncle has those on his CTS-V and I'm trying to differentiate us a little since our cars are almost identical. I like the new red calipers but I fear that red might be out-dated and over-done. I was searching the web and came across a blacked out Ferrari with black calipers. It's an interesting idea. Here is the pic:

So, what do you guys think? I'm up to any suggestions and if you could possibly find pictures to give me an idea that would be great. Thank you all.

Lyndell Wiggins

PS I also love the vette's blue calipers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Custom Brake Caliper Color. Suggestions???

And before a bunch of people come in here and tell my that I will ruin the car, I'm sorry you feel that way and I do honestly respect the car, but I am young and its a matter of taste. I do love the "from the factory" look but I kind of want to differentiate myself from the pack. So, let's keep this thread to the brake calipers. Thanks again.

Lyndell Wiggins

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

really thinking about adding the zr1 blue to my black v.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Instead of dropping all the coin on D3 stuff, just plasti-dip all that chrome. With black, you can almost do any caliper color. Im fairly young so i could go with black or lime green!
    edit...hideous wheels but u get the idea.

photo.jpg

not a V but got V calipers

081.jpg

PetroCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Sedan

I did these on my black C63.

xlr_x is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'm not young, but I still like to stand out in the crowd. The orange really makes a statement. This is one question your going to have to make on your own. There is no
    right or wrong. Depends on weather you want to be stealth or you want to say, hey look at me. I like them all. Cecil.................

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

I love the way copper looks against an all black car. Just a suggestion.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

you can get bronze for free if u go track the car like a madman and get the brakes nice and toasty. do the banana calipers turn spotted brown when tracked hard?

So far I'm thinking black, blue, copper, maybe a gold?, and possibly an orange. Right now copper and blue are the top two I think.

And about the Plasti dip: I have experimented with Plasti dip and believe it to be a good way to black out a car but I'd rather do things a little more professionally. I may try Plasti dip before making the big jump into the D3 or custom painting.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

If you do Blue. it *has* to be ZR1 Blue. There's someone on here that went with a lazer/ZR1 Blue on this calipers, but I forget who.. larry was that you?
    also; your uncle has a CTS-V?

my uncle has a freaking aveo....

also; you look ~ 12 years old in that pic :P

us damn youngings are taking over I say, TAKING OVER!

And about the Plasti dip: I have experimented with Plasti dip and believe it to be a good way to black out a car but I'd rather do things a little more professionally.
    Plasti-dip on the grill is *the* only way to do it. And I don't mean that because it's cheap. I mean that because it's ABS plastic and you will *not* be able to prep and paint it sufficiently to prevent it from chipping. plasti-dip is flexiable enough that it will not chip. I've had a PD'd grill for > 1 year and have 0 chips.

Plasti-dip is easier, cheaper, lasts longer and arguably looks better.

There are no disadvantages.
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

i'd like to see an glossy ice blue/carolina blue brake scheme. if you google "ice blue caliper" images you'll get some decent results.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Oooo, Glacier Blue calipers. The only way GM is gonna sell that paint.

69176103.jpg

I agree with M5eater, it would have to be ZR1 blue. I cannot have Carolina blue because I actually live in North Carolina and happen to be an NC State fan. Haha.

M5eater: I don't know how many 6' 1" 12 year olds there are with a 5 o'clock shadow but ok. And yes, my uncle and I both have CTS-Vs. His is the Black Diamond Edition and mine has the Black Raven paint job. Here is a pic:

Thanks everyone for the input. So far I'm thinking black for subtle or blue for pop. Probably the blue is winning thus far.

I forgot to comment on the Plasti dip. You don't think buying a blacked out grill would work? I'm not fully against Plasti dip, I actually love the stuff. My dad has just been trying to talk me into a "more professional" approach. Also, the grille is the one part of the car that I think Plasti dip might be hard to remove from. Have you tried removing it from the grille? I mean there are just so many little holes and angles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.