Tinted tails vs painted tails
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Tinted tails vs painted tails in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Had to get a rear window re-tinted because the dealer damaged it removing sales sticker today. Guess he was excited ...
    TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Tinted tails vs painted tails

Had to get a rear window re-tinted because the dealer damaged it removing sales sticker today. Guess he was excited to sell it, but anyway I digress, so I got it fixed.
    While I was there I had them tiny my tails, markers, and brake light on trunk. The trunk light was tough to tint so I did a cool variation. Instead of tinting whole light, I had them tint the face of the light that is seen from behind, and we used matte black vinyl on the top trunk side of the light. It looks awesome!
    Pics to come shortly. Let me know your thoughts! Getting window trim done next!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Re: Tinted tails vs painted tails

make sure your rear defrost still works. if not they owe you a rear window.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

I had my tails tinted was well. Not 100 satisfied with the job though. There are creases on the side of each taillight where it bends toward the trunk. There are also a couple bubbles that the installer said would go away but they didn't. Thinking of having someone else look at them. I know the tail lights are not easy to do correctly with tint but I just didn't want to paint them in case I want to go back to stock. The guy I went to came highly recommended but after the fact I head from 2-3 other people that he is slipping. The same of it is I think I paid WAY too much. Can't really notice the creases in the picture but you can see a bubble on the driver side tail light.

Debating giving him he chance to make good on this but my thinking is if could not do it right the first time, how will he get it right the next time?

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Yeah I paid 110 for the markers and lights and it's already peeling off. They are going to try again with the taillights and if they can't get it right they are going to refund "part of my money". I want it all back if they can't tint the complete set!

I wish I paid 110. I paid 250 just for the tails and markers. I know, I got screwed.

gsandhu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z
    I had my tails tinted was well. Not 100 satisfied with the job though. There are creases on the side of each taillight where it bends toward the trunk. There are also a couple bubbles that the installer said would go away but they didn't. Thinking of having someone else look at them. I know the tail lights are not easy to do correctly with tint but I just didn't want to paint them in case I want to go back to stock. The guy I went to came highly recommended but after the fact I head from 2-3 other people that he is slipping. The same of it is I think I paid WAY too much. Can't really notice the creases in the picture but you can see a bubble on the driver side tail light.

Debating giving him he chance to make good on this but my thinking is if could not do it right the first time, how will he get it right the next time?
    Bro beautiful car honestly .. This is like my goal I have a 2012 sedan black on black on black with yellow calipers I want to black out the chrome and get tails tinted ... Any suggestions on what route I should take? I live in San Antonio texas if you by any chance know of a place around texas. . Thanks!

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Mike,

You going to lower that bad boy?

Quote Originally Posted by gsandhu View Post
    Bro beautiful car honestly .. This is like my goal I have a 2012 sedan black on black on black with yellow calipers I want to black out the chrome and get tails tinted ... Any suggestions on what route I should take? I live in San Antonio texas if you by any chance know of a place around texas. . Thanks!
    Thanks. I did the grilles, side vents, fog light surrounds and rear valance myself with Plastidip. The had the chrome around the doors professionally wrapped with vinyl. 20% tint on all windows except windsheild as well as tails, badges and markers were done with 20% tint as well. Black lugs on the way. Sorry I can't help with installers in your area. In in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona
    Mike,

You going to lower that bad boy?
    Sorry Larry, not lowering it. I have had lowered cars before and while they look great, they are not practical when driving around a big city as I often do. My 08 vette was lowered and I had to put it back to stock as I was tearing it up on Philly roads.

Here are some shots of the whole car after I finished it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3080654

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Cant imagine that philly streets are any worse than Detroit. I have yet to have an issue with a lowered V as it still has plenty of ground clearence. Not knocking your V , mine almost looks identical to yours except I went black chrome, yours looks bad ass.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    Cant imagine that philly streets are any worse than Detroit. I have yet to have an issue with a lowered V as it still has plenty of ground clearence. Not knocking your V , mine almost looks identical to yours except I went black chrome, yours looks bad ass.
    It's probably more like here in VA where people like to make 45 and 90 degree sloped ramps into parking lots. Or even in the middle of intersections like in front of my neighborhood.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

a lowered vett and v are night and day, surprisingly I've never come close to scraping the front (of my V) at anytime. with my c5 vett is was a frequent occurrence.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.