Black Tumbler Coupe finished!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Black Tumbler Coupe finished! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys, just recently purchased a new 12' V coupe Black Diamond Edition... I love custom high HP cars so ...
    lmurtha1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition

Black Tumbler Coupe finished!

Hey guys, just recently purchased a new 12' V coupe Black Diamond Edition... I love custom high HP cars so I got started the second we rolled off the lot. As some of you may know, it already comes with that Black diamond paint that is just unbelievable in the light. I blacked out ALL chrome on the car by having it professionally painted. I had All the Cadillac symbols removed and had them remake them with custom carbon fiber inlays on the symbol, only leaving the carbon fiber and yellow (to match the brake calipers). The windows were tinted 5% all around with 40% front windshield. I had all the reflectors, brake lights, and headlights blacked out by having them individually painted. I feel having them all painted and then clear coated, it gives it a nice clean polished look. I did something different with the headlights. I had the tops and sides blacked like the rear tail lights, but kept the front face smoked. This allows the lights to function fine at night and not take away from the nice hyper white lights the car has. I then had the company Strasse Forged make me a first of its kind, 20" Forged Aluminum Monoblock deep concave wheel with race prep (drilling out the inside of the rotor/wheel face and inside spokes to lighten the wheel without destroying the integrity). The wheel is 12" in the rear with a Nitto Invo 345/25ZR20 with Invo 275/25ZR20 in the front. Then we moved on to the power! I had the 650hp package installed by Redline Motorsports with American Racing headers and a custom installed SLP exhaust. I have a 1000 RWHP Shelby, so this just doesn't cut if for me after just a few weeks. Next week we are doing a cam, bigger injectors, ported heads titanium valve springs/lifters, ported snout, new TB, and adding a 100 shot of nitrous and some cooling mods. These blocks are pretty stout, but ill prob be upgrading the tranny quick. Here are a few pics I took today of it before it goes in next week for some serious upgrades.

soon to V, soon to V, J W and 11 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Black Tumbler Coupe finished!

I'm in love.

F U FAST is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Looks great man!

tkracing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v coupe

Stunning.... Those wheels are badass.

silverstreaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Sedan

I could not have dreamed a better exterior mod list into existence. Love the painted fogs. Can you give a little more detail on the headlights/fogs and how they are still bright with paint on them? Your rear tail lights look exactly like how mine were done with the cutouts for the reverse lights. Also, How is it driving at night with the windshield tinted?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Tinting windshields and lights. Do not approve...

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Your car looks amazing! Great job on everything. I see that your in south Florida would like to get info on
    the paint shop you used and your experience at redline.

hv92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Camaro SS

any lowering?

DRL650 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe

I see that your in south Florida can you provide info on the shop you used for the exterior? Also how was Redline to work with?

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

I think the car looks great! I'm not a fan of the yellow calibers though. I'd have them powder coated black if it was my car.

I do have to agree with thebigjimsho, tinting the headlights and windshield is just plain dangerous.

MikeG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V
    Don't listen to jim. He doesn't have people skills. It is awesome! Like the emblem/break color matching.

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Wow!

TexasCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

I have Coupe envy.

dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Very nice. Looks great.

lmurtha1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DRL650 View Post
    I see that your in south Florida can you provide info on the shop you used for the exterior? Also how was Redline to work with?
    They are the best in the business for GM tuning and packages IMO. I Only say this because business after bbusiness failing to meet my expectations, Redline moved down from New York an set up shop here. He's well known at SEMA and GM hightec mags. They also have their own custom ZL1 car that is marketed through GM dealers.

Also I agree to disagree on tinting headlights and windshield. The front windshield is only dark enough to protect interior from sun damage and keep heat out. Absolutely little to ZERO EFFECT at night and as for headlights. Again, it doesn't effect much because the front facia is smoked. Combine with the white lights, it doesn't effect night driving. It's a myth as I'm proof and my Shelby is even darker with blacked headlights and 20% front windshield. That is different at night... But I don't drive it at night. Or rarely.

For the question about the fogs, I had them pulled and painted as well with tinted clear coat. I had the housing and all of the rear mesh pulled and painted with the factory black diamond paint to match the car. I don't believe in blacking out everything with black paint bu just the chrome. All the grey plastic including front lower lip, front fog housing, rear valance all painted black diamond. If it was chrome I ha it painted in a gloss black. Matte or satin black looked just a bit cheap to me with this paint, but my buddies solid black did matte and it looks awesome it just didn't jive for me with the diamond paint.

Since my car is the black diamond edition, te interior is yellow suede seat insert on the recaros, side doors, and stitching, so I kept the yellow black theme through the brake calipers as well as the V emblems. Any more questions, feel free to ask! Thanks for the compliments.

Last note, call Kris at superior automotive design for exterior work!
    Guard dog and Guard dog like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.