Black Tumbler Coupe finished! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Black Tumbler Coupe finished! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Thanks for the info. I just sent an e mail to Redline. I will be having them do some slight ...
    DRL650 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe

Re: Black Tumbler Coupe finished!

Thanks for the info. I just sent an e mail to Redline. I will be having them do some slight mods on my V next month, I have been following them for a while on the Corvette Forum several of the Florida corvette guys praise the work they do, You just sent me over the top to use them. Thanks.

lmurtha1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DRL650 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just sent an e mail to Redline. I will be having them do some slight mods on my V next month, I have been following them for a while on the Corvette Forum several of the Florida corvette guys praise the work they do, You just sent me over the top to use them. Thanks.
    Yeah you wont be dissapointed at all. If your somewhere local, its awesome. If not, people send him vettes, camaros and V's from across the country. If you get a chance to go into his shop, you should see some of his personal builds. 1000 hp zo6, 800hp TT camaro, ZLR custom camaros, and his new ZL1 which broke the record on 1/4 on stock engine. My V has all the upgrades to the 650 package, but its in the tune where you will appreciate with him. shift points, tranny calibration...all spot on. Im excited for you! good stuff

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-V
    Don't listen to jim. He doesn't have people skills. It is awesome! Like the emblem/break color matching.
    You don't know what you're talking about.
    McGuffy and McGuffy like this.

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    That is so badass. Not sure about keeping the calipers yellow but everything else is perfect.

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Do you happen to have any color photos of the rear?

silverstreaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Sedan

[QUOTE=thebigjimsho;3075701]You don't know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE
    too funny!

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Looks good! Must be nice to have disposible income at 26

Quote Originally Posted by CoppeR View Post
    Looks good! Must be nice to have disposible income at 26
    it brings more pain than joy...

Quote Originally Posted by simgolfer View Post
    That is so badass. Not sure about keeping the calipers yellow but everything else is perfect.
    I would agree if the inside was solid black. I'd go with that blue that the ZR1 vette came out with a few years ago. But, the black diamond Edition only comes with the interior being yellow accent on everything. If I changed the brakes, my ADD would kick in overtime everytime i opened my door...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ste_V_e View Post
    Do you happen to have any color photos of the rear?
    Ill go outside right now and snap a few quick photos of the car with my iphone. BRB

Quote Originally Posted by lmurtha1 View Post
    it brings more pain than joy...
    If you need me to step in I can take some of the pain for you? lol.. Keep the calipers yellow like you said it breaks up the black and follows the interior theme. I laso have the yellow calipers along with the same interior. Your ride in now officially my favorite V..You made some great looking exterior modifications, Hopefully by the end of October I will have mine completed? Post more pics.

thanks for all the compliments, As soon as I purchased the car, i just went all in and all of this, not including the wheels, only took abou 3 weeks to do. The wheels took about 10 weeks because there were no forged aluminum Blocks anywhere in America big enough to make a 12" wide wheel, so they had to wait on the shipment. Otherwise it would of taken 4-6 weeks. I took a few pics of the rear as requested with my iphone. Im no professional photographer so its hard to get the lighting right. I just went on top of a parking garage and in Florida, its hard to get some overcast. Im trying to upload a vid of the exhaust on youtube. but its taking a while from my phone, and the sound quality im sure isnt the best. here are a few more pics. If you want any close ups on a certain area, let me know.

Here is a close up of the Headlights i was talking about. I was just brainstorming on how to make the headlight come to life. I thought if you just lightly smoke the entire light, it will stand out weird like a big smoked cube. So If you look close at the light, there are lines around the housing you can folow and just black out the sides and top, leaving the front just lightly smoked. This doesnt interfere with light at night and gives it a more difinitive sharp look. Its cool too because it allows the light to filter forward and also takes away some of that orange ridiculous blinker light a touch without having to open up the light to change it. Its not for everyone, but i love it!

Here are some rear end shots. I just called it the tumbler because everyone I talk to says it looks like batmans whip. I just go with it...lol

Looks sharp? I am trying to PM you but you dont even have the option to send PMs? That is one great looking ride.

Looks sharp? I am trying to PM you but you dont even have the option to send PMs? That is one great looking ride.
    Hey! thanks, im not sure what you mean you cant send me a PM? let me figure out why it isnt working.

Hey! thanks, im not sure what you mean you cant send me a PM? let me figure out why it isnt working.

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    So what is your affiliation with the dolphins? Just asking.......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.