CTS-V Wagon subwoofer Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V Wagon subwoofer Help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have been looking all over but cant seem to find anyone that has added a aftermarket sub to the ...
    pank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CTS-V Wagon subwoofer Help

I have been looking all over but cant seem to find anyone that has added a aftermarket sub to the wagon. I really would like to install a sub where the tire pump and everything is. Has anyone done this yet? I was just trying to get some pictures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Someone has done that to a sedan. I imagine it works the same. Just seal it tight from water...

JTinCA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon MT6 - 645 rwhp / 653 ft-lb

Re: CTS-V Wagon subwoofer Help

You might try what I did - pull out the stock sub, use the space for amps and crossovers (with space leftover for storage) and mount 1 or 2 subs against the back of the rear seats.

I was able to fit two of these in a custom enclosure, and keep it thin enough to still be able to open up the floor trapdoor:
    http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/swr-t10/

You might also be able to fit an 8" low profile molded into the driver rear cubby in the cargo area, but doubt that would give you enough sound in the wagon.

Good luck

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Is there a aftermarket sub that is a step up from stock sub and would be a direct bolt in?

JTinCA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon MT6 - 645 rwhp / 653 ft-lb

If I remember right it was a really weird ohm rating so most aftermarket subs wouldnt be happy or might work but have poor volume or overload the Bose amp.

There are.self.contained drop in sub boxes that have an amp.built.in but not sure what would fit in there.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

OK, I knew something in that BOSE system was not mod friendly.

Specvizzle21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Larry and JTinCA are right. You can't just drop something in there. I work for a dealership and we have an accessories department and I myself build custom boxes for side jobs and the occasional customer cars. You def have the room to do a nice single or dual subwoofer set-up in the wagons. I would love to build one of these for someone. We use JL Audio products here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.