Murdered 2011 Sedan FInished - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Murdered 2011 Sedan FInished in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Mike02z It's on 4 actually Carl I want to have the windows tinted and the window trim ...
    CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Re: Murdered 2011 Sedan FInished

Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    It's on 4 actually Carl

I want to have the windows tinted and the window trim wrapped with vinyl. The Plastidip works well but I'm not 100% happy with the window trim. I'm just worried about passing inspection with the tint. No one can seem to tell me how much is legal in PA. Even my brother who is a cop said the officer needs to see in from 3' away. That leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I guess I'll speak with the guys at my inspection station.
    Murdered out.....?..... I still see red reflectors and tails on the back, nobody mentioned that? Black'm out man, car looks sweet.

PS

In PA an inspection station doesnt have the rights to fail you for window tint. Trust me been there done that. The only thing they CAN do is advise you "thats not legal" but they cant fail you for it...... the statute for it is so vague that not even a cop "really knows" the law. Its up to an officers discresion to say whether its too dark or not.
    Hope this may help and not confuse you HAHA.
    http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/

I tinted my CTS the day after I bought it %20, and Im going to get my wifes car tinted tomorrow at %35.
    As soon as I get a chance to go to the eye doctor I will have my paper signed so there are no discrepancies over it. Im a welder so I get flash burn alot, therefore I can be blind to light for hours at a time after work.
    In the mean time the only time I drive my car is when my 11 month old son is with me, and tint makes life much easier for him to go to sleep. Whether or not a cop would have compassion and understand that I dont know, so I play it safe and dont do anything stupid when I drive .

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Like paint. Do a search on Plasti Dip. There is a video on it and is very easy to use. I used it on several things. Cecil........

calherc1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Now lower it and tint the windows and your good to go
    General Papi and General Papi like this.

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Here's some info on PA tint laws with links to actual state statutes - http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/legal.html

Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Gorgeous! I have ordered more Plasti-dip as I am going to redo the chrome. The two grills came out pretty good. Since you can remove Plasti-dip so easily, it allows for "mulligans." I am no golfer but I think that's the right word, isn't it?

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

In michigan tint is 35% or more (More % that is) on the front door windows. Now, Talking to a few local and state cops I know this is very subjective. State cops HATE tint. Local cops are way more forgiving. But with that said they all said the type of car that is tinted makes a difference. A V didnt bother any of them as long as you are not driving excessive speeds or racing. If the car that is tinted might be more often driven by a higher risk group (youth), its going to get a lot more attention from the popo. Very subjective.

SleeperCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    To knowledge, Michigan does not allow tint on the front windshield and both front side windows unless it is just a small strip at the top. This was 3 years ago for my g8 so they may of changed it since then but it is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by larry arizona View Post
    In michigan tint is 35% or more (More % that is) on the front door windows. Now, Talking to a few local and state cops I know this is very subjective. State cops HATE tint. Local cops are way more forgiving. But with that said they all said the type of car that is tinted makes a difference. A V didnt bother any of them as long as you are not driving excessive speeds or racing. If the car that is tinted might be more often driven by a higher risk group (youth), its going to get a lot more attention from the popo. Very subjective.
    Must be nice. Im PA were stuck with %70..... who the f*ck tints windows at %70 !?

PA is very grey on their tint laws, its basically up to the officers disgresion.

I stand corrected, no tint on front door glass or windshield except 4" strip on top. However, conversations with cops (local and state) still stands true. Depends what you drive and very subjective.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Screw it. I'm going with 20%. I'm not worried about getting pulled over. There are not many cops where I live and my brother is a lieutenant in a neighboring town and while I have been pulled over, I have never gotten a ticket. I was more concerned about passing inspection but the pace where I get my car inspected told me as long as the windshield and lights are not tinted, they will pass it.

Yea, 20% is nice. Thats what I have on mine, and thats what was on my last car.

The only time Ive got pulled over and they said something about my tint was when I was younger and they still made 2 1/2%..... THAT was dark!

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just shot you a PM. I'm looking for a full set of OEM badges for me de-badged (not by me) Wagon.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Sorry, I'm keeping the stock emblems in case I want to go back to stock. PM'd you where you might find a used set.

As long as you are not acting like a criminal or a kid trying to hide a 6 pack and some weed you will be good. IF you get pulled over for whatever, do the cops a favor and drop your driver and passenger windows so that he can see what you are doing. They just get nervous if they can't see you. Also, if you have the ultraview your fronts will look lighter than a non roof car. I went 20% rear and back window and 35% fronts and they are PLENTY dark. Almost wish I went 50% on front doors.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

larry hit the nail on the head. always drop all your windows when you get pulled over, the cops will appreciate your obedient servitude and act less like a dick. plus the tinted windows are now off his radar because they aren't in his line of sight, works every time, and i've had 20% on all my cars for two decades and only once got a ticket because i failed to put down the passenger side windows.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.