drag dr-37
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, drag dr-37 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; drag extreme alloy dr-37 has anyone used these rims on all 4 corners? i was thinking of the 19x8.5 front ...
    rgp6373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

drag dr-37

drag extreme alloy dr-37

has anyone used these rims on all 4 corners? i was thinking of the 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear and run pilot ss 2555/40/19 and 295/35/19 then use stock rears for mt drag radials 305/35/19 . i am just curious why they are so cheap compared to everything else for our cars. are they poor quality? also seems strange that they are on the discount tire website but not on the drag extreme alloy website

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV
    I have heard mixed reviews on the dr37 wheels. I bought a set of 18inch rears with a set of Nitto NT05R drag radials on them. Got them from discount tire. I have been to the track 3 times with them (about 100 miles or so plus about 12 1/4 mile passes) and have nothing but good to say about them. The finish is nice, they are light weight and ride nice and smooth. If I had any complaint it would just be that the were tuff to find lug nuts for. The area where the lug nut goes is very narrow so I had to get a tall acorn type lug nut and a thin wall socket to install. Don't know if there is any truth to it but I was told by discount tires rep that they are cast from the exact mold that they use for TSW Nuebering (??) but the cost is much less.

AlphaKing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: drag dr-37

I use 19 x 8.5 in black finish for my winter setup. Only used them for a month or so last winter, but they look great and I haven't had any problems. Great wheel especially for the price. +1 on the lug nuts. I got the Gorilla brand and they look nice and work very well.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

check out other options.... 7 pgs of fantastic! (all fit our car)

http://www.elementwheels.com/vehicle...=&sprice=&pg=1

rgp6373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v
    Yes some of those are really nice for $1000 a rim these look good and are only $190 a rim

Quote Originally Posted by rgp6373
    Yes some of those are really nice for $1000 a rim these look good and are only $190 a rim
    I think the price you are looking at on that site is for a set of 4 staggered (2 front size and 2 rear size) not per individual wheel

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2009V View Post
    I have heard mixed reviews on the dr37 wheels. I bought a set of 18inch rears with a set of Nitto NT05R drag radials on them. Got them from discount tire. I have been to the track 3 times with them (about 100 miles or so plus about 12 1/4 mile passes) and have nothing but good to say about them. The finish is nice, they are light weight and ride nice and smooth. If I had any complaint it would just be that the were tuff to find lug nuts for. The area where the lug nut goes is very narrow so I had to get a tall acorn type lug nut and a thin wall socket to install. Don't know if there is any truth to it but I was told by discount tires rep that they are cast from the exact mold that they use for TSW Nuebering (??) but the cost is much less.
    Discount Tire included lugs and hubcentric rings for my TSWs when I bought mine from them. I thought this was included, free? It was for me. Maybe you need to buy for all 4 corners??

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

i like these, picture the centers matt black and the lip painted diamond white (color of car) along with the calipers. (diamond white) sexxxxaayyyy!

http://www.elementwheels.com/proddet...m2051910blklip

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Discount Tire included lugs and hubcentric rings for my TSWs when I bought mine from them. I thought this was included, free? It was for me. Maybe you need to buy for all 4 corners??
    They gave me a great deal on the setup I bought but it was just the rear wheels and tires. They included the centering rings and heat cycled the tires for free and gave me a $60 discount off website prices and free shipping. They were by far the best price around real easy to deal with. I think if you buy the 4 wheel package they do include free lugs with the order. The lugs only cost me $25 for a full set with locks, it just took a little shopping around local auto parts stores to find a set that fit the wheel correctly.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaKing View Post
    I use 19 x 8.5 in black finish for my winter setup. Only used them for a month or so last winter, but they look great and I haven't had any problems. Great wheel especially for the price. +1 on the lug nuts. I got the Gorilla brand and they look nice and work very well.
    How timely.

Did you check to see if the 18's fit? Also: what tires are you using, and did you get OEM tire sizes, also? Did you go with narrower tires in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2009V View Post
    Looks like you put some 18 inchers on your V2. No clearance issues?

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster

I did use the 18 inch Dr37's. If you go on discount tire direct and probably many other tire sites, they have a tire size calculator. I used a Nitto NT05R drag radial. The wheel clears the calipers fine and sits on the car almost the same as stock. With the 285/40r18 the ride height is almost identical to stock with the factory 19's. Factory ride height is 26.85 inches and with the 18's it's 26.98 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2009V

They gave me a great deal on the setup I bought but it was just the rear wheels and tires. They included the centering rings and heat cycled the tires for free and gave me a $60 discount off website prices and free shipping. They were by far the best price around real easy to deal with. I think if you buy the 4 wheel package they do include free lugs with the order. The lugs only cost me $25 for a full set with locks, it just took a little shopping around local auto parts stores to find a set that fit the wheel correctly.
    Even if they weren't free, I'm surprised they didn't offer to sell you the lugs. They obviously stock them...

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster

Many of us are. 18x9.5" TSW Nurburgrings w/ +40mm offset. I've got Hankook C214 slicks in 275/35 18 size...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Many of us are. 18x9.5" TSW Nurburgrings w/ +40mm offset. I've got Hankook C214 slicks in 275/35 18 size...
    I would be using them for a winter setup, so I would want square.

Any issues do you think with going 18x8.5 with 255's or so all around?

I'm no good with wheels, unfortunately.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.