oCarbon.com - carbon fiber interior trim - group buy?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, oCarbon.com - carbon fiber interior trim - group buy? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I had a few people show some interest in setting up a group buy on some carbon fiber interior trim ...
    matt@ocarbon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

oCarbon.com - carbon fiber interior trim - group buy?

I had a few people show some interest in setting up a group buy on some carbon fiber interior trim a few months ago, but it never panned out. I figured I'd start a new thread and see if it can gain some traction this time.

Normal price on this trim is $800 + $700 core charge + shipping (core charge is what GM charges for a set of plastic trim that I would need to use to wrap in carbon fiber). Alternatively, you can send in your current trim to get wrapped and not have the pay the core charge.

If we can find 5 buyers, I can knock off $100 from the price and do free shipping.

IF we can find 10 buyers, I can knock off $200 from the price and do free shipping and do a free fabric of your choice upgrade.

Shoot me an email at matt@ocarbon.com if you're interested or if you have any questions.

Pieces included: 4 door pieces, 3 dash pieces, 2 pieces on the sides of the shifter.

Long thread on how I make these pieces:
    CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production

Few posts from happy customers:
    My Real Carbon Fiber Trim
    My Real Carbon Fiber Trim

Installed pictures:

CTS-V gallery

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Let me say this now(and sorry for stepping on your toes).

If anyone is sending in midnight sapele trim for a sedan/wagon, LET ME KNOW!!!

I will remove my trim and send it in for you, saving a midnight sapele trim and saving you the core charge. I have the generic kinda, sorta carbon fiber stock trim.

No one will miss that...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Re: oCarbon.com - carbon fiber interior trim - group buy?

I love the way this stuff looks but I can't see doing it without doing the center bezel and tunnel/cupholder pieces. The fake CF from Caddy at least doesn't get scratched and crappy like the piano black stuff does.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'm pretty sure oCarbon can do the center stack also, but it costs a lot more due to the extra work

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...bon-fiber.html
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    I love the way this stuff looks but I can't see doing it without doing the center bezel and tunnel/cupholder pieces. The fake CF from Caddy at least doesn't get scratched and crappy like the piano black stuff does.
    We can do those parts as well, but it doubles the price. The core charge also goes up considerably because GM won't sell me the plastic radio surround piece without all the controls as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i'm pretty sure oCarbon can do the center stack also, but it costs a lot more due to the extra work

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...bon-fiber.html
    Bingo.

Seems like there are a lot of people interested, but everyone is waiting until we hit 10 buyers. If you're ready to order or on the fence, just hit me up now and I'll go ahead and start giving the discounted pricing.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Make sure no one gives you Midnight Sapele!

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

N3716E is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would like to have this done for the non saple wood black pieces in my 2012 Coupe. The issue is I would want everything (including the pieces in the steering wheel, shifter, door release buttons and rear center console) done and preferably in silver. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by N3716E View Post
    I would like to have this done for the non saple wood black pieces in my 2012 Coupe. The issue is I would want everything (including the pieces in the steering wheel, shifter, door release buttons and rear center console) done and preferably in silver. Is that possible?
    We could, but it would be expensive, especially if you want to keep the current trim in your car while we work on the pieces (they aren't cheap from GM and finding suitable used cores has been difficult). Email me at matt@ocarbon.com with a full list of the parts you want and I can get you a quote.

Jesusbautistajr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts
    I would also like to send in my carbon fiber pieces and trade for midnight sapele pieces, will pay cash on top. Let me know. I have a sedan.

topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

Matt, if you want to start a list of 10 people I will be the first. If we can get the 200 bucks off discount I am in for sure.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to get 10 people. I could offer $100 off without needing other buyers, but thats as low as I can go.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by matt@ocarbon
    Unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to get 10 people. I could offer $100 off without needing other buyers, but thats as low as I can go.
    For what parts?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    For what parts?
    Doors, 3 dash, 2 on left and right of shifter. Basically replacing the OEM plastic "carbon fiber" pieces.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.