Cts-v led drl - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts-v led drl in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just pull the 2 fuses that control DRL's....
    east coast ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Coupe Thunder/Ebony

Re: Cts-v led drl

Just pull the 2 fuses that control DRL's.

extrabolts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've done the ijdmtoy 64 ones twice, drivers side burnt out both times within a month. I'm going to put in an inline resistor and try a different bulb for a few months, will post up for everyone if it works for a wihle. For now most should just chill while a few of us go through the hassle of playing on again off again with the bumper trying to find some LEDs that will last

F U FAST is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    I am in that exact same boat extrabolts. Mine have failed twice within a month's time of install. Sick of pulling off the bumper just for those two lights. Problem is they look so Damn good when they are working!

Installed the new ijdmtoy 5W CREE LEDs yesterday and they barely light up the DRL area at all. Waste of money, even if they do last. The search continues...

Quote Originally Posted by extrabolts View Post
    Installed the new ijdmtoy 5W CREE LEDs yesterday and they barely light up the DRL area at all. Waste of money, even if they do last. The search continues...
    Damn IT! I just ordered mine on Monday....... So dissapointed now.... Well back to pulling fuses.....

A few weeks in and my 5W CREE bulbs are still alive, will update again in a few months if they survive. It is more of a projector bulb with the light at the end and only a handful of LEDs around the sides. I prefered the look of the 64 SMD bulb with all of the LEDS around the sides because it lit up the entire DRL area, whereas this bulb almost looks like a small headlight. Anyway definitely better than stock.

Mine are going in this week. It's good to know they at least last, do they get brighter upon warm up?

Sorry haven't looked to see if there is any difference after warmup

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Does anyone have a link for DRL replacement bulbs that are a cleaner white but NOT LED? One of my first LED DRLs has burned out. I'm fine with regular bulbs if they make a more white version.

It was strange but the bulb died slowly. One day I noticed it was off but then it was working again for a while. Now it's been dead for two days straight.

CTSRoller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS and 2010 CTS-V

I just purchased some bulbs on ebay and should be getting by next Wednesday. I'll install that weekend and upload some pics. They cost me $24.95 shipped. I've tried leds in the past and come to find they don't last as long as they claim they should. Hopefully these will work out great. Here's the info on the bulbs: Nokya Arctic White H16 5202 35 Watt Stage 1 Twin Pack NOK7489

----------

Found a video on youtube of what they should look like. They're said to be 7K (Bluish) upon start up and then turn white (5k) as they warm up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_iMogmhFubs

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Awesome...thanks man. I'm done with the LED bulbs. They're too much of a PITA to change to have to do it every few months. And frankly, the one bulb hasn't burnt out. It just chooses to work some days and not others. Must be on furlough with the government shutdown.

pic.1.revisedresized.jpg

Here are the lights as promised

I love these lights. Day and night difference. The pictures do not do the lights justice. Really happy with the outcome.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.