Where are all the aftermarket parts??? CTS-V not cool or popular enough???? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Where are all the aftermarket parts??? CTS-V not cool or popular enough???? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; lower it, tint the lenses, (rear, all 3) and plasti-dip the chrome. bam! aggressive personalized V. booyah! phuq BEEMER!...
    Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Re: Where are all the aftermarket parts??? CTS-V not cool or popular enough????

lower it, tint the lenses, (rear, all 3) and plasti-dip the chrome. bam! aggressive personalized V.

booyah! phuq BEEMER!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by v-caliber View Post
    Really people??????

With the popularity of this car, I am pissed off as to the lack of aftermarket parts available. When I had my BMW, there were 10,000 websites with parts for my 335i. Now I can't even find a spoiler for the CTS-V Sedan. Found some for the CTS but not the V. Also found for the coupe. Even on Ebay there isn't any for 09+ models. Am I missing something? I've searched for hours.

I do not want to go with any D3 parts. Their prices are 5X anything thats reasonable. I tried Specter Werkes but they have nothing anymore. Yes there are few vendors out there selling engine upgrades, but I am talking strictly APPEARANCE parts/mods.

I couldnt even find any OEM spoiler on the actual caddilac.com website.

If you have one or know where to get one for a 2011 CTS-V sedan, hopefully pre-painted, pleaaaseeeeee let me know.

Maybe we need a list of all 09+ CTS-V's appearance mods available.

If anything makes me switch back to BMW, it will be the lack of aftermarket parts/mods/accessories for this car.

HELP!!!
    The V isn't the car for you if you're looking for a traditional euro scene where looks are as important as going fast. Not that I mind because I've always been into the 'mostly stock' look anyway.

The CTS-V is all about going fast. Take a look at the flexibility of dropping in any LSX engine inside the V , or the fact that your opportunities are essentially limitless for the power train, then compare it to the 335i. You'll find a clear winner. The reason why you don't find a lot of vendors for the V are essentially because of this. Because it's not like a traditional vendor in the sense that you're selling the entire package. There are already hundreds, even thousands of vendors that support the LSx in cars from the past decade, so then you're left with just the looks, braking or suspension parts on an already great vehicle.

Besides all of this. I've swirmed around the E39/E60 market. They pay 2-3 times as much and don't have a lot more than us.

v-caliber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V
    I like the car for its looks. Its already faster than 99% of cars on road so why make it faster?? I don't have anything to prove to that other 1% of people with cars just as fast or faster. In my town no one races. I haven't been able to get even 1 street race in last 6 months. I drive on highway everyday and on other big long straight roads here in las vegas. No bites. I don't have time for the track and could care less about spending thousands of dollars to gain a half second in a quarter mile.

I really can't believe so many people care about a stupid quarter mile time. Really whats the point? There's always someone else gonna have a faster time. By the time u finish spending your money and fully mod your car and get that 700 rwhp then you already bored of the car. Without new mods or projects that you can do you start thinking of your next car, but now you stuck with your old car without warranty and many mods u can't get rid of. Pointless.

Darnell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2003 CTS

It looks better than 99% of the cars on the road too so why change the appearance?

Also, in my opinion performance mods have way more staying power in terms of being cool/impressive than appearance mods.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

bored with 700RWHP? Never. 5 years ago when did anyone ever think it possible to get a car with 556 HP and then have the ability to take it to 700 RWHP with relative ease AND still be able to street drive it daily? Actually insane to believe it still.

Pointless for half a second (that is MANY ar lengths over stock) in the 1/4 mile for $1000? I disagree. Regardless of what comes after the V2. This car will be relevant for years to come. I have a feeling V's will be desired 10 years from now especially with only with less than 12K ever made.

Darnell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2003 CTS

It looks better than 99% of the cars on the road too so why change the appearance?

Also, in my opinion performance mods have way more staying power in terms of being cool/impressive than appearance mods.

6DN69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by v-caliber View Post
    Bump

Still need a spoiler and can't find o e. Anyone?

Do the 2011 cts and cts-v have same rear? Would the spoiler for cts be an exact match for the V as well?
    Are you looking for something like this carbon fiber one?
    PA230049.jpg
    PA230050.jpg
    PA230051.jpg

6DN69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

The CF spoiler was for my CTS-V Sedan but the manufacturer had delayed it so long that I had already traded my sedan for a coupe. As you can see, it does not fit the coupe.
    PA230052.jpg
    PA230053.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darnell View Post

Well I think many will argue that it looks better than 99% of all other cars. It is good looking but I can think of many better looking cars out there. Changing appearance gives it more visual edge over the competition and attracts attention.

I don't think many people that see your car on the road are saying..."hey look at all the nice mods under the hood". How would they know. But they will say, "hey those are nice wheels and that spoiler rocks and those are cool calipers and oh I like the fog lights, and etc".

Without external customization u might as well be an 80 y/o man driving a caddy that looks like every other regular caddy.

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT
    Quote Originally Posted by v-caliber

Well I think many will argue that it looks better than 99% of all other cars. It is good looking but I can think of many better looking cars out there. Changing appearance gives it more visual edge over the competition and attracts attention.

I don't think many people that see your car on the road are saying..."hey look at all the nice mods under the hood". How would they know. But they will say, "hey those are nice wheels and that spoiler rocks and those are cool calipers and oh I like the fog lights, and etc".

Without external customization u might as well be an 80 y/o man driving a caddy that looks like every other regular caddy.
    Your best to buy a regular Cts, then put all the V hardware on it, now you get the whopping 315hp, as you don't need any more than that... Plus spoilers etc are plentiful for the base model car. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by snzuloz View Post
    Your best to buy a regular Cts, then put all the V hardware on it, now you get the whopping 315hp, as you don't need any more than that... Plus spoilers etc are plentiful for the base model car. Enjoy!
    Sorry but I am not a poser. Not like, for example, the guys who get a bmw 328i and put an M3 badge on it

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by 6DN69 View Post
    The CF spoiler was for my CTS-V Sedan but the manufacturer had delayed it so long that I had already traded my sedan for a coupe. As you can see, it does not fit the coupe.
    Attachment 94583
    Attachment 94584
    Shame it doesn't fit. But that is some nice paint

That's the kind of spoiler I want for my sedan. Just can't find it. Websites that offer spoilers for the cts like www.carid.com only have one pic of each spoiler, from the side, so you can't even see what it looka like from behind

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Maybe like this?

Don't like how the sides of that spoiler fold over the trunk
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.