Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Forgestar Wheel Fitment for CTS-V Coupe & CTS-V Sedan

34K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  Paul@HoweyIndustries 
#1 ·
First I would like to say thank you to the community for the very warm welcome and positive responses to our Forgestar fitment. I have personally answered many PM's and Emails regarding specific fitment of the Forgestar wheels for the CTS-V Coupe & CTS-V Sedan. To better help provide information to the community, I have started this thread to assist with any questions and to provide the sizing that has been test fitted on these vehicles. Each Forgestar model offers different design, concave profile, sizes, offset ranges, and back pads. While one Forgestar wheel model may fit in a certain configuration, this does not necessarily mean that the other will as well. Below is a list of each of the (3) most popular Forgestar models and which sizes will fit each vehicle model.

Forgestar Fitment Information:

CTS-V Coupe

Forgestar CF5:
Front: 20x9
Rear: 20x10.5 | 20x12

Forgestar CF10:
Rear: 20x10 | 20x11 | 20x12

Forgestar F14:
Rear: 20x10.5 | 20x12

CTS-V Sedan

Forgestar CF5:
Rear: 20x10.5 | 20x11

Forgestar CF10:
Rear: 20x10

Forgestar F14:
Rear: 20x10.5 | 20x11

We do have all the offset data to make the above sizes work on the Coupe and Sedan. However, do to the time and energy needed for gathering all of the offset data, we only disclose this information privately with our customers.

I hope this information can assist the community with wheel sizing for their CTS. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to post them, PM, Email, or call me anytime.

Paul

See less See more
#37 ·
Paul@HoweyIndustries said:
A 305 tire is 12" wide. The true width of a Forgestar 10.5" wheel is 11.5" (1" larger). So a 305 will poke over the edge of the wheel by .25" on each side.

----------

On a Coupe of Sedan? The problem is that we can push the offsets to achieve a very flush fitment but the concavity profile is some what limited on the V.
Paul what's the deepest concave that can ve fitted on a V sedan? I'm looking at either F14 or CF10 20s 10.5 or 11in wide. I'll be dropping the V on Eibachs

#38 ·
I recommend going with the 10.5 sizing. These is no depth difference on the deep concave wheels from Forgestar. A 20x9.5 deep concave has the same depth as a 20x12 deep concave. So if your primary reason for going wider is a deeper concave, that won't be necessary as their is no concavity profile difference.

#45 ·
Sorry for the late reply, crazy week here :)

It just comes down to manufacturing cost. Forgestar offers a quality custom wheel at a low price. In order to do this they are unable to offer width/offset based concavity. Their deep concave wheels have a very nice depth to them and are as deep as you could go on a Coupe or Sedan due to the high offset nature of these cars. So you really are not gaining much concave profile by going to a more expensive wheel that bases profile on width and offset.

----------

The F14F has a flat lip and is a 2-Piece wheel. You can only get so much width and lip out of a 2-Piece construction. On the CTS-V Sedan, I would expect 1-1.5" lip on the 20x8.5 and 3-3-5" lip on the 20x10.
Hi Paul. That lip size is good enough for me. Please quote me a set of F14F for the sedan as well as F14 shipped to Dubai.

How much lighter will a similarly designed fully forged wheel compared to a rotary forged design like the F14?

#46 ·
There is no option to send you PM. Could you please send me an email at paul@howeyindustries.com and I will reply with a complete quote and details.

Thanks,

Paul

#48 ·
I sent you an email back :)

#50 ·
I just resent the email, please let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks,

Paul

#52 ·
I'm looking to put together a set of winter wheels/tires for my 2012 V Sedan in "stock" sizes (19" wheels, 255/40 front and 285/35 rear. Can you recommend Forgestar wheel sizes and stock numbers (with quote) for this setup? Are there any special offers still available? Please PM or email. Thanks.

#54 ·
Please email me at paul@howeyindustries.com as there is no option to send you a PM or email.

Thanks!

Paul

----------

Paul, have you checked on coupe 18" wheels to see if they clear? Interested if they do... I prefer a bit more side wall...
I apologize if I didn't understand the question completely. I believe you are asking if the 18" Forgestar sizing will work on the coupe. The only 18" Forgestar model that clears the coupe is the CF5.

-Paul

#55 ·
Please email me at paul@howeyindustries.com as there is no option to send you a PM or email.

Thanks!

Paul

----------

I apologize if I didn't understand the question completely. I believe you are asking if the 18" Forgestar sizing will work on the coupe. The only 18" Forgestar model that clears the coupe is the CF5.

-Paul
Oh ok... What's the widest wheel you make that will fit rears 18's for the coupe and do you have matching 19's for the front that clear the brakes? I just want a bit more side wall on my drag radials...

#56 ·
The widest rear we can fit on the coupe is 12". However, we have only done this in 20x12. We have not attempted this width in 18" or 19". We can definitely build matching 19" front wheels.

Paul

#58 ·
^^^Replied :)

#60 ·
Our offsets are proprietary and we do not publicly disclose them. If you are in the process of purchasing a set of wheels with us, we will ba happy to disclose the offsets to you.

-Paul

#65 ·
I would recommend 275/35/19 (26.6" OD) and 325/30/19 (26.7" OD)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.