Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Starting a new thread for this setup to document the widest rear wheel/tire combo for the coupe. Hoping it helps ...
    LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's

Starting a new thread for this setup to document the widest rear wheel/tire combo for the coupe. Hoping it helps others who are interested in doing the same.

I ordered the wheels April 13th and they were just shipped. Forgestar CF10 finished in textured black in 20"x12" +45 rear and 20"x9" +35 front. Should have them sometime this coming week. I can't say enough about how helpful Paul at Howey Industries has been in assisting me in the perfect aggressive fitment of this setup.

Just ordered the Nitto Invo's from my local Discount Tire who graciously price matched OnlineTires' price. Tire sizes 345-25-20 rear and 275-30-20 front. Scheduled for mounting Monday, May 21st.

The TPMS are all black GM/Vette sensors from ebay. The seller guaranteed them to work on the V.

These wheels are going on an evo green coupe lowered on Eibach springs. Black Forgestar lugnuts will be securing them. Eventually all chrome will be plasti-dipped matte black.

Check back May 21st for pics.
    rangerrob and rangerrob like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's

Damn I hate the waiting game, But very excited to see this through.

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

this is very doable and i've been saying it for ever now. congrats and can't wait for pics!

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

exactly the kind of thread I've been looking for. Except for sedans.

ABest62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 6M

When do you expect delivery of your car? Wheels? Cant fn wait to see how this works out.. I know it isnt directly applicable to us sedan guys,, but gives motivation either way.. If you get the wheels and tires before your car comes in,, we should throw them on the back of my sedan and see how close this setup is for working with sedans.. maybe an 11" width with a minor offset adjustment would work?? hmmm Traction envy is strong right now!!

Wheels came in yesterday. Tires will be here Monday. Should have the car to put them on soon! haha

----------

There is zero chance of these fitting on the sedan. The offset makes them stick out about 43mm further than the stock sedan wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by LV_V View Post
    Wheels came in yesterday. Tires will be here Monday. Should have the car to put them on soon! haha

----------

There is zero chance of these fitting on the sedan. The offset makes them stick out about 43mm further than the stock sedan wheels.
    Figured so much.. stupid extra doors,, who needs them..lol

About the widest you can do on the sedan is a 10.5 or 10.75 rear wheel with a 305 or 315 tire. People have put the 11" rear wheel and 325 on the back of the sedan, but it just doesn't look right to me and there are some minor clearance mods to perform.

Wheels are in and tired are mounted, but one wheel has finish issues on the face that should have never passed QC. Slightly annoyed right now... waiting for word from Forgestar on how to resolve. I'll. Tell you this much, I'm not sensing it back and waiting another 5 weeks for a replacement.

Snap some pics of the fitment down the front and down the rear. Want to see if its in, flush, poke, etc.

btw welcome to the rim game, there is always drama at this level. Scratches, tire shops damaging them, stupid detailers using wrong chemicals or letting it dry in the sun wrecking finish. Past 2 yrs I've had a set of work wheels (12 weeks), and 2 sets of HRE. Everytime someone else touches them without supervision something happens. $$$ lost in depreciation.

xlr_x is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray

please take a lot of pictures i want to see the 12" because i cant made my mind between 11" vs 12"

----------

and sorry to hear you have some problems

Quote Originally Posted by TTuned View Post
    Snap some pics of the fitment down the front and down the rear. Want to see if its in, flush, poke, etc.

btw welcome to the rim game, there is always drama at this level. Scratches, tire shops damaging them, stupid detailers using wrong chemicals or letting it dry in the sun wrecking finish. Past 2 yrs I've had a set of work wheels (12 weeks), and 2 sets of HRE. Everytime someone else touches them without supervision something happens. $$$ lost in depreciation.

Im with you on this.. Ive been cursed with my HREs. One wheel off my Saleen was destroyed by the machine when it "malfunctioned" and had to be rebuilt by HRE,, took 3 months,, rockn the donut spare! Every time I ask new places if they can mount tires without fukn up my wheels, they insist they can,, and Ive tried several spots. A couple weeks ago, they broke the hidden valve stem completely off with the "touchless" machine, so they had to order them from HRE and I'll have to go back to get them put on. AND,, when they were putting the wheels back on the car, the retards with the lug wrenches chipped all the paint around the lug wells!! Was so fn mad! I could go on and on with stories of misfortune for all my HREs.. Cursed!!!

I finally picked up the V today and just mounted the Forgestar CF10 wheels this evening! I apologize in advance for the crappy low light cell phone pics; you know higher quality pics are to follow!!

The fit of the fronts is just about perfect. Maybe sits 1 or 2mm further out than "perfect". The rears sit out about 5 or 6mm further out than "perfect". I'm not sure if they changed the 345-25-20 Invo mold or what, but the rim protectors are about 1/4" wider than I had anticipated based on my interwebs research. Clearance on the inside of the rears is great. I can fit about an index finger thickness between the edge of the wheel/tire and every potential contact spot. Only area I see possibly being an issue is the wheel well liner on the front/inside of the rear wheel. It is rather flimsy and is kinda close to the tire, so I'll keep an eye on that for signs of rubbing; this is an extremely easy fix with a rivet or the like (if there's an issue at all). Its damn close to the correct offset, but just shy of perfect!

I may look into slightly pulling the lip of the rear fender out several mm to make them look more flush. Any recommendations?? I was thinking of just placing a 2x4 on the inside, throwing on some leather work gloves, and just coaxing it out ever so slightly. Am I f'ing crazy or is this what any shop is going to charge me a couple hundred bucks to do?

ABest62 and ABest62 like this.

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Can't wait for better pics.

This is now the new standard for coupes 20"x12" +45 rear and 20"x9" +35 front!!
    Fitment is Awesome, a little rim outside the fender makes it look sinister on any car!
    If it rubs just go down a tire size for a mild stretch, it will enhance the look as well. i don't think its worth rolling the fenders.

Wish these cars could take more offset for an extreme concave look.

Now I need to translate this to a sedan fitment, maybe down an inch in the rear, and sell my current wheels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.