Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just wanted to take the time here as well to thank Paul and LV_V for making this thread and taking ...
    F U FAST is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Forgestar CF10 20x12 & 20x9 w/ Nitto Invo's

Just wanted to take the time here as well to thank Paul and LV_V for making this thread and taking the time and effort to do something no one had done before! I took the thread down to my local tire shop who I have a 10 year relationship with. They've done custom Wilwood's on my Titan and a host of various other custom stuff. Jason (my dealer) called Paul to talk the specifics and he was more than helpful even without the sale and I very much appreciate that! Even though I am not buying from him I can't help but recommend him to anyone after that kind of customer service. My order is in for the same fitment same tire, going with Niche Forged Monoblock's Targa T-14's, a real similar style to our stockers. http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-...el.cfm?id=3473 Not sure if that link will work they use a lot of adobe. If not this one will... http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...-monotec-wheel

I am having them painted to match the Black Diamond. And now the waiting game begins... ugh, I am about 5-6 weeks out.

LV_V how has the ride compared to the stock PS2's? Road noise, comfort, traction? I have not been happy with them at all, especially with only about 13-14k miles out em. Can't wait to see these bad boys on there. I'll try to get weights on both the Niche and stock rim.

Paul@HoweyIndustries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by F U FAST View Post
    Just wanted to take the time here as well to thank Paul and LV_V for making this thread and taking the time and effort to do something no one had done before! I took the thread down to my local tire shop who I have a 10 year relationship with. They've done custom Wilwood's on my Titan and a host of various other custom stuff. Jason (my dealer) called Paul to talk the specifics and he was more than helpful even without the sale and I very much appreciate that! Even though I am not buying from him I can't help but recommend him to anyone after that kind of customer service. My order is in for the same fitment same tire, going with Niche Forged Monoblock's Targa T-14's, a real similar style to our stockers. http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-...el.cfm?id=3473 Not sure if that link will work they use a lot of adobe. If not this one will... http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...-monotec-wheel

I am having them painted to match the Black Diamond. And now the waiting game begins... ugh, I am about 5-6 weeks out.

LV_V how has the ride compared to the stock PS2's? Road noise, comfort, traction? I have not been happy with them at all, especially with only about 13-14k miles out em. Can't wait to see these bad boys on there. I'll try to get weights on both the Niche and stock rim.
    Glad we could help! I'm all about seeing great cars with great setups even if they do not come from us. I can't wait to see some pics Should be amazing.
    Paul@HoweyIndustries.com | 1-888-554-7755 | www.howeyindustries.com | 11535 W 183rd PL, Suite 103, Orland Park, IL 60467

Howey Industries Specializes in Custom Wheels, Performance Parts, and Touchless Tire Installation

Wheel Brands: 360Forged, ADV.1, ADVAN, Avant Garde, Axiom, BBS, Bespoke, Concept One, COR, D2 Forged, Deviant, DPE, Fifty Five, Forgestar, iForged, G Games, Incurve, MRR, Rays, Rennen Forged, Roderick, STANCE, TSW, Volk

xlr_x is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray

yeah Paul is a great guy the moment i spoke with him i know that he is the guy to order from im not sure when my wheels be shipped but it's like 2 weeks from now and im very happy and will post some pictures on another thread when i'm done

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by F U FAST View Post
    Ride is in my opinion very comparable to stock with the Nitto Invo tires, granted I only had the car for 24 hours and 500 miles before swapping out the stock PS2's for the Forgestars with Invos... Zero complaints with the ride quality. The traction is noticeably better. I can spin them if I drop it in 1st and a little in 2nd, but little to no spin above that. The 9.55" pulley may change that...

since this thread is still active i have a question to Paul
    will the michelin SS 335/30-20 and 275/35-20 work Fine with my wheels setup ?

double post

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

The 335 30 20's are, in my opinion, going to be too large for the wheel well, especially if you're lowered. Try it and let us know, nobody has done it yet

WA 2 FST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan; 2002 TT Z06; 2005 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by xlr_x View Post
    Have you considered sticking with 19s and running the Michelin SS 325/30 in back and 275/35 up front? Not sure 10mm will make a difference, but just throwing it out there. I have seen this setup work on a sedan with modified stock wheels.

Lol that's why i asked there is no good tires here in my country so i can't change them when i don't like them .
    and i have eibach coupe spring uncut and i want to install them when my wheels arrive
    if the 335 is not the way to go ill do the same setup as you

WA 2 FST the wheels are nearly finished and they are 20-9 fronts and 20-12 rears

Quote Originally Posted by xlr_x View Post
    Sorry for the late reply to this. The 335 would not be the issue but the 30 profile puts the wheel at an overall diameter of 28". You want to be as close to 27" as possible. Now the 335 is only an additional .5" on each side of the wheel, which is not huge. However, based on the vehicle being lowered and the aggressive wheel, I would not be able to say 100% for sure if there would be any issues.
    Paul@HoweyIndustries.com | 1-888-554-7755 | www.howeyindustries.com | 11535 W 183rd PL, Suite 103, Orland Park, IL 60467

Howey Industries Specializes in Custom Wheels, Performance Parts, and Touchless Tire Installation

Wheel Brands: 360Forged, ADV.1, ADVAN, Avant Garde, Axiom, BBS, Bespoke, Concept One, COR, D2 Forged, Deviant, DPE, Fifty Five, Forgestar, iForged, G Games, Incurve, MRR, Rays, Rennen Forged, Roderick, STANCE, TSW, Volk

WA 2 FST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan; 2002 TT Z06; 2005 Ram SRT-10

Paul,

I can take this offline, but was wondering if a 325/30-19 would work with some of your wheel options? This, coupled with a 275/35-19 up front would put both F/R ~26.6" tall... pretty close to stock rolling diameter. My sedan is not lowered yet.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
    Paul,

I can take this offline, but was wondering if a 325/30-19 would work with some of your wheel options? This, coupled with a 275/35-19 up front would put both F/R ~26.6" tall... pretty close to stock rolling diameter. My sedan is not lowered yet.

Thx.
    Wes,

I just responded to your email regarding this but I will also post here to better serve the community members who have the same question. In my opinion, the 325 is too large for a 10.5" wheel. The 26.6" overall diameter is definitely within spec and would work fine. The 325 (325mm) of width is the issue. It comes in at 12.78" wide. This is a lot of extra tire on each side of the wheel, especially for the Sedan. The tire would definitely poke outside the fender, which is not the primary concern. I would be more concerned that the extra tire will rub the inside area and suspension. A 295 or 305 would be the maximum I would run on the Sedan with a 10.5" wheel.

LV_V can you post pic's showing how the side of the car like this picture ?
    Wald-International-Infiniti-G37-Sports-Line-Black-Bison-Edition-side-view-with-Mahora-custom-whe.jpg

thank you in advance

DRL650 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe

I am following this thread as I see alot of great info. I will be getting with you guys in the near future once I pull the trigger on the 12 CTS V coupe. I am running the Nitto Invo on my Grand Sport and really like them I will also want the largest wheel/tire combo to fit in the wheel well with aggressive look.I really like the Forgestar wheels. Decisions decisions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.