How To: Install LEDs in Dome Lights and the rest of the vehicle (Video of install) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, How To: Install LEDs in Dome Lights and the rest of the vehicle (Video of install) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Thanks for posting....
    SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Re: How To: Install LEDs in Dome Lights and the rest of the vehicle (Video of instal

Thanks for posting.

Captain McFunk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 DW CTS-V Sedan

Re: How To: Install LEDs in Dome Lights and the rest of the vehicle (Video of instal

Quote Originally Posted by MSOsr View Post
    Kudos and thanks to the Captain! I ran into a snag doing my map lights and he talked me through the problem. I now have LED map lights, under dash lights and door lights! They look great.

One clarification: after you unscrew the module on the map lights, you lift up and pull back on the tab to unplug the module. I broke a thumbnail and index finger nail trying to get the thing unplugged. Even after I figured out you had to lift up on the tab a little (and got the left one unplugged), I still couldn't get the right (passenger) side unplugged. You can actually remove the lens and the original bulb and plug in the new one (as the Captain instructed) without unplugging the module.

Anyway, both sides are done and they look terrific. Thanks to the Captain, I have Plasti-dipped front grills and LED interior lights...what's next, Captain?

Mike
    Lol, I think next is wiring up an LED strip in the trunk to get more light, the stock bulb is WEAK.... I'll have a walkthrough shortly

69mets is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V, MN6, Driven Daily

These flank style bulbs work great in the under door puddle light position, glove box, and license plate. V-LEDs Part number 194_6F_W_6K

100.jpg

I used these direct bulbs in the map lights (front and back) and under the dash in the footwells. V-LEDs Part number 194_HP_W_6K

101.jpg

I've used this particular bulb for three plus years on my previous car without any failures.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
    Lol, I think next is wiring up an LED strip in the trunk to get more light, the stock bulb is WEAK.... I'll have a walkthrough shortly
    The weekend is fast approaching....will I be able to do the trunk then?

Mike

The weekend is fast approaching....will I be able to do the trunk then?

Mike
    Yup, the trunk is easy. Do you already have LED strips?

I'm obviously a total Klutz if I injured myself following your video on the map lights! I need to see how to do it before I can even THINK about trying it myself.

Mike (just pulled a muscle typing)

Can you describe to me/show me how to do the trunk and recommend where to get the LEDs?

Mike (will wear a cup while doing modifications)

Can you describe to me/show me how to do the trunk and recommend where to get the LEDs?

Mike (will wear a cup while doing modifications)
    Something like this:
    http://www.v-leds.com/Strip-Lights-L...-p9747088.html

Any length you want. I"m going to use 12", you just pull out the stock light housing in the trunk, and there is a red and black wire. You strip the red and black wire back, and wrap the red and black from the LED strip around the red and black strip from the factory harness. Pretty easy. Or you can get T-taps, and just press them onto the corresponding factory wiring. If you don't want to cut your factory wiring (no one will EVERRR see this), you can buy a light specifically for the socket that converts to an LED strip, but i'm going to have to do some searching to see what size festoon bulb the trunk is.

Looking forward to the further information and some pics/videos!

Mike (will try this one also)

Looking forward to the further information and some pics/videos!

Mike (will try this one also)
    Alright, looks like my previous method isn't going to work. For some reason, these bulbs hold a charge at all times. The incandescent bulb doesn't light up, but the LED's flicker when the trunk light is "off"......this might work, but i'm not willing to test it. I'm going to buy the correct bulb for the factory socket: http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...68526-1-2.html

And just plug it in. Should work.

rromain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS

I am going to attempt the 13 bulb mod tomorrow Captain.....do you know of anyone that has done the in-dash accent lighting at all? The newer CTSs (10-12) have white ambient lights that run along the dash and doors, along with an illuminated kick plate in the doors.......

Thanks in advance-
    Rob

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

- ^^^ - Note that the posts from Captain are over a year old now, and I don't remember seeing him post at all on this forum recently. He may have moved to the, "other", forum ... ?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rromain View Post
    I am going to attempt the 13 bulb mod tomorrow Captain.....do you know of anyone that has done the in-dash accent lighting at all? The newer CTSs (10-12) have white ambient lights that run along the dash and doors, along with an illuminated kick plate in the doors.......

Thanks in advance-
    Rob
    Hey Rob,I haven't seen anyone do the other lights. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    - ^^^ - Note that the posts from Captain are over a year old now, and I don't remember seeing him post at all on this forum recently. He may have moved to the, "other", forum ... ?

Rob
    You're right.I can't get past alllllll the ads everywhere on here.it kills me!

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

I did the footwell ones yesterday. I had to take off the driver side panel, the bulb would not come out (three screws). The passenger side came out easy.
    Will continue the other ones next week - probably license plate is next.
    George

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Forgive me. I have been searching this VLED's website and I can't seem to find V-LEDs Part number 194_6F_W_6K. I have searched everywhere

I would like to change out my license plate bulb. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.