Staggered Diameter Wheels on CTS-V Coupe/Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Staggered Diameter Wheels on CTS-V Coupe/Sedan in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm wondering if anyone has done a staggered diameter setup on their Coupe or Sedan? I haven't seen much discussion ...
    ImaginAsian is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Staggered Diameter Wheels on CTS-V Coupe/Sedan

I'm wondering if anyone has done a staggered diameter setup on their Coupe or Sedan? I haven't seen much discussion on this in my searchresults...

I'm working with Justin from Wheel Execs on this current setup, and he's been a great help so far:

Interad DTM-7
    20x9, 255/35-20
    21x10.5, 295/25-21
    Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, Trim 1/4 Front Coil as necessary to retain rake

These tire sizes match the factory ratios exactly on the fronts and the rear diameters are just .1" smaller...basically as exact as you can get.

The rears look best in 21s and the fronts in 20s to me and just haven't seen much setups like this and would love to hear your feedback...thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Low Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11CTSV Coupe 05 C6 Vert 57 Vette Street Rod

Re: Staggered Diameter Wheels on CTS-V Coupe/Sedan

I went with the staggered look on my coupe but with 20s in the rear and 19s in front with HRE wheels. My car is also lowered with the D3 springs plus the 1/4 inch cut on the front. The look that really makes these cars
    Pop is the tire to wheel well clearance. I stayed with the original tire size in front 255/40/19 but increased the rear tire height by 1.13 by using 285/40/20 to close up the fender well tire gap.
    When I first made the swap I made the mistake of getting a size smaller on the front tires 255/35/19s....the
    idea was to get a little more rake but the small difference (.95 inches) in height made the front tires look way
    To small for the car so I had to pony up some more bucks and get the 40 series to give it the look.........Good
    luck with your choice and keep the fender clearance in mind....

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I see you both have coupes and I have a sedan, however I'd appreciate any photos of the finished product.
    I like the idea.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Please update with your configs:

http://www.ctsvparts.com/tire-sizes

King335i is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe

See, threads like these are exactly why I was trying to start a V Coupe/Sedan aftermarket wheels sticky, I would love to see these setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Rider View Post
    I went with the staggered look on my coupe but with 20s in the rear and 19s in front with HRE wheels. My car is also lowered with the D3 springs plus the 1/4 inch cut on the front. The look that really makes these cars
    Pop is the tire to wheel well clearance. I stayed with the original tire size in front 255/40/19 but increased the rear tire height by 1.13 by using 285/40/20 to close up the fender well tire gap.
    Thanks for the info, good to hear others are trying this out. How do you like your configuration and if it's possible, could you post some pics?

Also, did you encounter issues with the ABS or Stabilitrack? It looks like your overall rear diameter increased by 2.1". I wanted to make sure I maintained the factory overall diameters so it wouldn't confuse these systems as I heard they can be impacted.

I noticed your sidewall thickness ratios are identical to stock - nice. That's the only unknown I have on my setup is in order to maintain the diameter i had to use a 35 series in the Front and a 25 in the Rear. resulting in .6" thicker Front sidewall then the Rears...3.5 vs 2.9. It's not that big a deal but visually can't picture how it would look.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    I see you both have coupes and I have a sedan, however I'd appreciate any photos of the finished product.
    I like the idea.
    I'll plan to post the finished product when I'm done. I just placed the order this week and build times a being quoted at 5-7 weeks. Can't wait to see how the Interad DTM-7's turn out for my ride. I went with an aggressive fitment to give a deep lip with a strong concave. Joseph mentioned this would be the first Interad DTMbuild on a Coupe!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by King335i View Post
    See, threads like these are exactly why I was trying to start a V Coupe/Sedan aftermarket wheels sticky, I would love to see these setups.
    I second that idea. I spent a lot of time looking at other folk's configuration on this forum, it gave me a lot of good ideas but a central location would be ideal.

quick update...i'm considering running a 30 series in front to get the sidewall's to match the rears. Looks like a lot of folks run a 255/30-20 on the front as well...overall rolling diameter decreases by 1". Rake would naturally increase and might not have to trim the extra 1/4" off the front springs...

Low Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11CTSV Coupe 05 C6 Vert 57 Vette Street Rod

The only photos I have of my staggered HREs on my Coupe are on my phone and I can seem to get them to down load to my iPad if any of you want email me and I will forward you some pictures......tjharris04@aol.com
    There was no change in the ABS or traction control as far as I could tell.

was able to locate a thread where a sedan owner (red baron) did the same setup. i think it came out great.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ce-forged.html

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650

You haven't mentioned offsets. An aggressive offset will also play a big role in getting the look u want, or fail!

The wheels are currently in engineering with Interad. I don't have the final offsets yet but plan to get them. I asked Joseph to request that Interad design an aggressive fitment to get max lips and strong concave as possible on my coupe.

I've also decided to go 21's all around, as I wanted the sidewall profiles to be more equal between the front and rears. The visual difference in sidewall with the staggered diameter setup ultimately wasn't right for me.

I'll keep everyone posted of the build progress but probably will do it in another thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.