Toyo Proxes R888 on stock wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Toyo Proxes R888 on stock wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello guys, I own a 2009 CTS-V sedan making 589rwhp through the 6sp automatic trans. Obviously the Michelin tire is ...
    TurboEd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, C6Z

Question Toyo Proxes R888 on stock wheels

Hello guys,

I own a 2009 CTS-V sedan making 589rwhp through the 6sp automatic trans. Obviously the Michelin tire is not up to the task, I see the flashing TC light on the dash up to 72mph, with new second set of tires .

Little fun gif I made LOL ^^

I want to retain stock wheels so I am looking towards the Toyo Proxes R888 tire. The available sizes that would seem a better fit are 265/30-19 fronts and 295/30-19 rears. Price and extremely fast wear times issues aside (personally don't care ), I just want to race the car, does anyone see any fitment/size problems?

I want new tires as a performance mod so this may or may not be the best forum category to post this. But it says "tires" on the discussions description.

Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I think there are much better R type compound tires than the R888...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Re: Toyo Proxes R888 on stock wheels

Well this is what I am talking about. For the stock wheels? Which ones would you suggest? I can try anything. They all wear out anyway

SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TurboEd View Post
    Well this is what I am talking about. For the stock wheels? Which ones would you suggest? I can try anything. They all wear out anyway
    I recently put on the Bridgestone RE-11's in a 265/35/19 Fronts & 305/30/19 Rears on stock rims. I have only driven on them for a week now but they seem to be pretty damn good. My tire guy said that the 305 fit the rear about perfect. I know people who would run these for the road track and street and they liked them. They are less expensive than the PS2's were also. The RE-11's were ranked #1 in the Extreme Performance Summer category. They are not an R compound but pretty close on a street tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Potenza+RE-11

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

We run the R888 on our OEM track wheels and they perform GREAT. We also have run the RE11's and they perform really well. I think our quickest times however have come on the R888''s. That combination (if using the OEM front and rear rim) is the correct setup, although the front tire is going to be a little short... If you really want to increase handling of the vehicle run the square setup and put 295's on all four corners.

Let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Hello guys,

I own a 2009 CTS-V sedan making 589rwhp through the 6sp automatic trans. Obviously the Michelin tire is not up to the task, I see the flashing TC light on the dash up to 72mph, with new second set of tires .

Little fun gif I made LOL ^^

I want to retain stock wheels so I am looking towards the Toyo Proxes R888 tire. The available sizes that would seem a better fit are 265/30-19 fronts and 295/30-19 rears. Price and extremely fast wear times issues aside (personally don't care ), I just want to race the car, does anyone see any fitment/size problems?

I want new tires as a performance mod so this may or may not be the best forum category to post this. But it says "tires" on the discussions description.

Ed

Cool Re: Toyo Proxes R888 on stock wheels

I ordered the RE-11 from COSTCO after researching a couple of threads here. The tire guy could not fit the rears. I ended up having the stock tire installed again.

So next, I will try the R888. The idea of the square setup is very interesting. Does the black car from D3 pictured above have the Toyos in square 295 setup? Do you recall ever trying the 265 fronts?

Hey, thanks a lot guys

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,

Yes the black car and white car are both pictured with r888 295's front and rear.

We did use the 265's but it lacked the front grip we wanted when we did our track testing, thus the 295 square setup. For the street you should be fine.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

I ordered the RE-11 from COSTCO after researching a couple of threads here. The tire guy could not fit the rears. I ended up having the stock tire installed again.

So next, I will try the R888. The idea of the square setup is very interesting. Does the black car from D3 pictured above have the Toyos in square 295 setup? Do you recall ever trying the 265 fronts?

Hey, thanks a lot guys

SPEED74V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Hey, thanks a lot guys
    That's wierd - my tire guy said they fit perfect on the stock rim. They look great too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.