Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Toyo Proxes R888 on stock wheels

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SPEED74V 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I own a 2009 CTS-V sedan making 589rwhp through the 6sp automatic trans. Obviously the Michelin tire is not up to the task, I see the flashing TC light on the dash up to 72mph, with new second set of tires :suspect: .

Little fun gif I made LOL ^^

I want to retain stock wheels so I am looking towards the Toyo Proxes R888 tire. The available sizes that would seem a better fit are 265/30-19 fronts and 295/30-19 rears. Price and extremely fast wear times issues aside (personally don't care :halo: ), I just want to race the car, does anyone see any fitment/size problems?

I want new tires as a performance mod so this may or may not be the best forum category to post this. But it says "tires" on the discussions description.

Ed

See less See more
#4 ·
I recently put on the Bridgestone RE-11's in a 265/35/19 Fronts & 305/30/19 Rears on stock rims. I have only driven on them for a week now but they seem to be pretty damn good. My tire guy said that the 305 fit the rear about perfect. I know people who would run these for the road track and street and they liked them. They are less expensive than the PS2's were also. The RE-11's were ranked #1 in the Extreme Performance Summer category. They are not an R compound but pretty close on a street tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11

#5 ·
We run the R888 on our OEM track wheels and they perform GREAT. We also have run the RE11's and they perform really well. I think our quickest times however have come on the R888''s. That combination (if using the OEM front and rear rim) is the correct setup, although the front tire is going to be a little short... If you really want to increase handling of the vehicle run the square setup and put 295's on all four corners.

Let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

#6 ·
I ordered the RE-11 from COSTCO after researching a couple of threads here. The tire guy could not fit the rears. I ended up having the stock tire installed again.

So next, I will try the R888. The idea of the square setup is very interesting. Does the black car from D3 pictured above have the Toyos in square 295 setup? Do you recall ever trying the 265 fronts?

Hey, thanks a lot guys :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.