Installing a cell phone cradle - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Installing a cell phone cradle in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by getbit The website doesn't warn of this...I just tried to install it and it will not work ...
    SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

Re: Installing a cell phone cradle

Quote Originally Posted by getbit View Post
    The website doesn't warn of this...I just tried to install it and it will not work with the Coupe.
    I stand corrected but Pro Clip is sending me that one in the pics o he right of the console. They admitted the website was wrong. I still am not convinced I want it there with my wife's wild legs flailing about. Why can't women sit for an hour without crossing their legs????

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I ordered the left mount and clip from ProClip and am returning it. The first time I ordered it, they sent me a left mount one for a 2011-2012 CTS-V (which was disputed by them). I returned that and they sent me the one for a '09 CTS-V. It STILL didn't fit. My wife and I tried and tried to get the mount to stay on the A-pillar but it would not. Had we tried any harder, we probably would have broken the mount. I'm sorry, but it was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I'm sure there are others who had no problem, but that wasn't my experience. On top of, almost $80 for a clip and a mount? To ProClip's credit, they did issue me an RMA and returning shipping label, so kudos to them for doing the right thing.

----------

So for this the mount is $66 and you still have to pay for a clip for your phone? Wow, that's even more than the ProClip, which didn't fit my '09.

mj1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS V Sedan 6A

Sapugh, what extension cable did you use for the iPhone adapter? Does it allow to control your IPod functions from the car? If its not to much trouble please tell me where you purchased the cable. Thank you.

McGuffy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Here's mine in a Kuda -

kuda.jpg

(The image handling on this board could use some help)
    Attached Images

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by McGuffy View Post
    Here's mine in a Kuda -

Attachment 100503

(The image handling on this board could use some help)
    does the kuda block the passenger A/C controls or the glove box opening? I'll probably get it either way as it's a much better position than the proclip in this car

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I have the Proclip and like it. With the orientation lock, it works just fine. I'd imagine the Kuda is too far away. I hate having to stretch to reach controls in a car.

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

I got the kuda and installed it, I prefer the location of the phone to be more vertical and I can twist the phone landscape or portrait

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Sounds like we have two good options for varying preference.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I have the Pro Clip and just ordered the angled extension adapter as well as the off center mounting plate. I took it off cause I kept smashing my knuckles when I shift to 5th. This will hopefully solve it.

image-443518885.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.