Clear bra
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Clear bra in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Was thinking of doing this, but would like to know of the pros and cons from anyone who has or ...
    1fastvee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts v coupe

Clear bra

Was thinking of doing this, but would like to know of the pros and cons from anyone who has or who has had it and what you all think of this product?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

Re: Clear bra

Me too.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    There are a few threads on this topic. Do a search.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I will no longer have any car without one. I am a fan of the 3M product. I had it on my 08 Yukon Denali for 4 years and it held up VERY well. Actually saw stones bounce off the hood but the mark on the film just disappeared when I wiped it with my finger. The film is almost invisible on my wife's gold Enclave but it shows more on my black V.

Only negative I have heard is you have to be careful what products you use on the film. My installer said NEVER to use any petroleum based products or it can cloud the film. I use Zaino on the whole car including the film and it looks great and holds up great. I have also used Plexus on the film. I am convinced it has saved me from a pockmarked hood.

samgar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv coupe 2011

I agree as my past 4 cars have all had clear bra's applied. If you drive your car, it is subject to stones being thrown by other cars in front of you. This is the only prevention from dings or paint chips on the hood or grill area of the V. I too apply zaino over the complete car including the clear bra. A well worth $500 to $600 spent. It is also removable if the next person buying your car does not want it.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser68 View Post
    I will no longer have any car without one.
    ^^ X2
    Check this video:
    XPEL Ultimate

DoingOK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

My last 6 cars have had it installed........and every car in the future will as well.

1fastvee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts v coupe

Thanks everyone for the feed back looks like the bra is going on!

CTSV_Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

I love my clear bra and it has certainly protected the bumper, hood and fenders from a lot of damage. My 300SRT8 was so pock-marked in the front, it looked like a customer polka-dot paint job. The only thing I would do different (and I recommend doing) is doing the ENTIRE hood and fenders. If your car is white, it's probably OK to go halfway up, but you can clearly see the line on my Thunder Gray V. I definitely would do the entire hood and fenders next time.

CTSV_Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

No idea about a PA shop, but I use Meguiar's products on mine and it still looks fine. The only issue is a white build up along the line where the clear bra ends. A little alcohol on a q-tip fixes it up though.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Plexus cleaner is popular amongst installers...

ndobaria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

If your looking around KOP - the closest I know is vigg designs in freehold in nj. Let John vigg know that Neal from the original infamous sent you...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

The Chevrolet dealer that I spoke with about it suggested that he would not use it personally. He stated that infact it left tons of crows feet on the car when it was removed, thus necessitating a complete front-end respray.

I would be curious to know if anyone here has owned their car long enough to go through at least 1 re-application due to age or condition of the material.

I also need to figure out if pre-existing chips from waiting too long will be a problem with the install. I've tried to be careful and wait until I can get a flex to polish the car-wash scratches out before I put the bra on, but it's 6,000 miles old and counting.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Preexisting chips may be a problem since it will leave an air bubble under the film. Not sure if you could fill in the chips to smooth before the film but I probably try.

As far as removing, I have not personally removed one but I have seen a vehicle that had the 3M removed after 5 years. It looked a little rough when it first came off but some solvent took off any residual adhesive and a light polish took out anything you could see. At least in ONE case it seems to come off ok.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    When I replaced my front fender I peeled off the clear bra just to see what it looked like underneath. The paint looked just like it did when I took delivery of the car. No residue or anything. It was on the car for over a year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.