Question: How do you pull the interior door panels off to get access to the lights?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cbloveday
  • 2 Post By Razorecko
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Question: How do you pull the interior door panels off to get access to the lights? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Anyone know how to pull the door panels off or how to get to the light, so you can change ...
    Rock1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV Black Diamond Edition, 2006 SRM Pontiac GTO

Question Question: How do you pull the interior door panels off to get access to the lights?

Anyone know how to pull the door panels off or how to get to the light, so you can change the ambient lighting inside?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Question: How do you pull the interior door panels off to get access to the light

Do a search for a thread by razorecko and his carbon fibre door pieces. He has a step by step with pics in that thread.
    Rock1 and Rock1 like this.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: Question: How do you pull the interior door panels off to get access to the light

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1 View Post
    Anyone know how to pull the door panels off or how to get to the light, so you can change the ambient lighting inside?
    If your re talking about the lights on the bottom of the door you dont need to take off the door panels. There are 2 plastic hook tabs that hold the little plastic cover on. You will need two small flat head style drivers or something slim and flat to press in between the plastic and door panel, squeeze them both inwards a little and pull the cover out. I dont remember exactly but I think on the front doors the two clips are on the end towards the inside of the car and on the back door the clips are going towards the outside. I hope thats clear enough to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    If your re talking about the lights on the bottom of the door you dont need to take off the door panels. There are 2 plastic hook tabs that hold the little plastic cover on. You will need two small flat head style drivers or something slim and flat to press in between the plastic and door panel, squeeze them both inwards a little and pull the cover out. I dont remember exactly but I think on the front doors the two clips are on the end towards the inside of the car and on the back door the clips are going towards the outside. I hope thats clear enough to understand
    Actually the ambient light that is in the door handle and trim piece is what Im trying to get off so I can swap the bulb with LED.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1 View Post
    Actually the ambient light that is in the door handle and trim piece is what Im trying to get off so I can swap the bulb with LED.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-interior.html
    Rock1 and Rock1 like this.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The accent (ambient) light in the door handle is already an LED. According to the service manual there are two LEDs per front door handles.

Quote Originally Posted by tedcmiller View Post
    The accent (ambient) light in the door handle is already an LED. According to the service manual there are two LEDs per front door handles.
    Yes I figured it out once I pulled the panel. I had an additional one I was going to try but it was simply too much light so i left the factory ones in. Thanks everyone for the input!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.