oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV Ditto. I've had my car 3 weeks and he black trim has swirl marks from just ...
    matt@ocarbon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    Ditto. I've had my car 3 weeks and he black trim has swirl marks from just my shirt cuff. How easy is the replacement of the center black trim and do ou have pricing just for that? Do you require or discount for receiving the core?
    Supposedly it isn't difficult to remove, just time consuming.

Pricing ins't final on those pieces yet, but should be around $1000.

I require you to send me a core for these. GM will not sell me the plastic around the radio/climate control unit without purchasing the actual radio and climate control, which makes those pieces like $2k. If we can find a way to buy this plastic trim separate or find some used ones or something, then the core would be much more reasonable.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matt@ocarbon View Post
    Supposedly it isn't difficult to remove, just time consuming.
    that is exactly right. I had a black car that I waxed twice a month. Never again.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

ewe lazy.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

No I have kids.

King335i is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe

So when can we order a center console piece? Is it possible to do this without using my existing console pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by King335i View Post
    So when can we order a center console piece? Is it possible to do this without using my existing console pieces?
    I'm still trying to find a solution on ordering the center console pieces without having to order the radio/climate control unit. As it stands now, those pieces are like $1500-2000 just for the core plastic pieces.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Matt,

Have you tried talking to Luke at Lindsay Cadillac ?

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Matt,

Have you tried talking to Luke at Lindsay Cadillac ?
    I have. He has gotten me the other parts at a reasonable price, but is unable to get the radio trim piece without the radio as well. I've talked to a few other dealers and all have said the same thing.

So as of right now the only way to do this is to send in our own console? I'd consider doing it if it was the only option, but I'd love to have an ETA on the turnaround time. You guys at oCarbon stand to make a lot of business if buying this console piece is a painless transaction!

So as of right now the only way to do this is to send in our own console? I'd consider doing it if it was the only option, but I'd love to have an ETA on the turnaround time. You guys at oCarbon stand to make a lot of business if buying this console piece is a painless transaction!
    As of right now, there are two options:

1) send in your trim to me to get wrapped
    2) purchase a second set of center console trim from GM and try and sell your original center console to someone else who wants to have their center console wrapped.

2 is obviously more pricey than 1, but then you wouldn't have to drive around without your center console. I'd consider purchasing a center console of my own to use for core deposits, then you could leave a deposit for my extra center console and be guaranteed to get that money back when you returned your original console back to me. However, I'd need a few people to commit and pay before I considered doing that.

ETA is still not clear. I have made one already, and it took a while. The first time always takes a while as you have to go slow to make sure it is done correctly. I am still having some manufacturing bumps with the regular trim, and a few customers orders took a bit longer than expected, but I'm pretty sure I've got those worked out. I have another center console in transit right now, so we'll see how long it takes now that I know what I'm doing. I'd like to have it done in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the info Matt. I was either thinking of ordering a second set of center console trim (any idea how much that would cost by the way?), or taking the trim off of my car right now while it is down for 2 weeks due to a failing differential--decisions, decisions...

If I could get you a set of center console trim within the next few days would that expedite things?

Quote Originally Posted by matt@ocarbon View Post
    As of right now, there are two options:

1) send in your trim to me to get wrapped
    2) purchase a second set of center console trim from GM and try and sell your original center console to someone else who wants to have their center console wrapped.

2 is obviously more pricey than 1, but then you wouldn't have to drive around without your center console. I'd consider purchasing a center console of my own to use for core deposits, then you could leave a deposit for my extra center console and be guaranteed to get that money back when you returned your original console back to me. However, I'd need a few people to commit and pay before I considered doing that.

ETA is still not clear. I have made one already, and it took a while. The first time always takes a while as you have to go slow to make sure it is done correctly. I am still having some manufacturing bumps with the regular trim, and a few customers orders took a bit longer than expected, but I'm pretty sure I've got those worked out. I have another center console in transit right now, so we'll see how long it takes now that I know what I'm doing. I'd like to have it done in 3-4 weeks.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

down for 2 weeks due to a failing differential
    Sorry for the threadjack, but more details please ...

Thanks for the info Matt. I was either thinking of ordering a second set of center console trim (any idea how much that would cost by the way?), or taking the trim off of my car right now while it is down for 2 weeks due to a failing differential--decisions, decisions...
    Pricing is as follows:
    Under arm rest piece: $96
    Shifter: $129 for manual, $159 for auto
    Cup holder $149
    Ashtray: $96
    Radio/climate control is VIN dependent and is $400-600.

So you're looking at $1100 just in the plastic cores if you want to get this done and keep the trim in your car.

If I could get you a set of center console trim within the next few days would that expedite things?
    It is still going to take about a month to do it no matter what. The epoxy needs time to cure properly and all of the cut outs (drilling out all the slots and holes on the radio piece, for example) is very time consuming.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Why dont you guys just get some used ones off of ebay ? It doesnt matter what color it as as you'll be coating it anyway

porschefan1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (6m)

Matt,

Have you all considered doing the face of the interior clock in carbon fiber "look" to match your trim? I think it would contrast beautifully with the piano black center trim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.