oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV I don't question their quality or integrity. BUT you can't take someone's money in November and ...
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: oCarbon.com - CTS-V carbon fiber interior trim production

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    I don't question their quality or integrity. BUT you can't take someone's money in November and not deliver 3-4 months later. He's honest and easy to get a refund. An explanation and a realistic time frame would have been better.
    Agreed - I had similar complaints about RevXtreme (and their 2 month+ time frame for catch cans). I cancelled my order before I could find out just how long it would really be, but even the refund took 8+ days.

Naturally, a few people disagree with my ranting because they like the shop/owner/product; but I don't think many people take kindly to companies taking your money for months at a time with either excuses or outright lies on delivery dates. Yet OCarbon already has a reputation for the same: I "heard" of them long before seeing this thread.

At the end of the day, you can handle it graciously and learn from it - or keep piling on excuses. Nice to see OCarbon at least owning it to some degree (instead of complaining about their age, work week, hard to find good help these days, bowel irregularity, etc).

matt@ocarbon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog001 View Post
    Matt -- I sent you an email last week -- how do I get the refund? I think I paid through PayPal
    Your refund has been issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Yet OCarbon already has a reputation for the same: I "heard" of them long before seeing this thread.
    I don't think its fair to say we have any sort of reputation. We ship out the majority of our parts in a timely fashion and our customers are always happy with the quality. Unfortunately, its the few and far between customer that makes a big stink that tends to skew things to make it seem as though there are issues.

At the end of the day, you can handle it graciously and learn from it - or keep piling on excuses. Nice to see OCarbon at least owning it to some degree (instead of complaining about their age, work week, hard to find good help these days, bowel irregularity, etc).
    We owned it completely. Everyone was refunded promptly when they asked for it. I personally share most of the responsibility on those trunk pieces not happening. We were able to make them in low, one off quantities, but we couldn't get them to scale without major quality defects. In the end, we lost a ton of money on the whole endeavor, but I'll take that over sending out a bunch of crappy parts that people might not have been happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by matt@ocarbon View Post
    I don't think its fair to say we have any sort of reputation. We ship out the majority of our parts in a timely fashion and our customers are always happy with the quality. Unfortunately, its the few and far between customer that makes a big stink that tends to skew things to make it seem as though there are issues.
    To be clear, this was just off-hand comments posted by others on this site. I don't know the details of their issues, only that there were delivery problems as you've addressed. I might be one of those rare customers that raises a Big Stink - but at least I'm very, very specific about my complaints. Goes to show, though - although not everyone can be pleased, Customer Service is the lifeblood of any small business. You stepped up, and instead of me thinking you're a company to avoid... now I'm thinking you're a company that deserves a second look.

We owned it completely. Everyone was refunded promptly when they asked for it. I personally share most of the responsibility on those trunk pieces not happening.
    This is the kind of mentality any business needs - yeah, you might lose a few skirmishes here and there but with good enough (and honorable) service, the kudos will drown out any negatives.

Like I said, what I perceived to be a negative reputation has been reversed by your statements and actions here; I'll be checking out the website shortly.

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Matt -- Got the notification of the refund- would have rather had the part - LOL -- thanks for the efforts -- if you guys figure it out I will be back.

To be clear, this was just off-hand comments posted by others on this site. I don't know the details of their issues, only that there were delivery problems as you've addressed. I might be one of those rare customers that raises a Big Stink - but at least I'm very, very specific about my complaints. Goes to show, though - although not everyone can be pleased, Customer Service is the lifeblood of any small business. You stepped up, and instead of me thinking you're a company to avoid... now I'm thinking you're a company that deserves a second look.
    We made a custom one off carbon fiber rear trunk trim piece. A few others expressed some interest and we setup a group buy. I think we had about 15 or so people who purchased. Unfortunately, trying to make many turned into a huge nightmare as we kept running into quality issues. The piece was awkwardly shaped, which complicated matters further. We just couldn't replicate the magic of that first custom piece when we were trying to make a bunch of them. I believe at this point everyone has received a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog001 View Post
    Matt -- Got the notification of the refund- would have rather had the part - LOL -- thanks for the efforts -- if you guys figure it out I will be back.
    Trust me, I would have much rather everyone got the parts too. We'll continue to work on them and hopefully get it sorted.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Naturally, a few people disagree with my ranting because they like the shop/owner/product;
    Kind of like how you are spamming Stainless works in your sig? Which I believe violates the TOS here.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    If the pieces come available, I will buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Kind of like how you are spamming Stainless works in your sig? Which I believe violates the TOS here.
    My apologies, JimmyH - it was actually a Stainless Works promotion from the performance subforum (linky here.)

Now that you point it out, they're not a paid site sponsor (contrary to my assumption when they started the promo) so I have deleted the avatar to comply with the Terms of Service. I agree, these things are kind of annoying.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

All right, now that I finally got my V, this is going to be the first thing I add. Don't want to pull the trim and ride around showing off my new ride in that condition, so I'm probably going to order the cores and go that route. Anyone out there interested in taking my stock ones off my hands when I get the new ones? I can either ship directly to you or to Matt so you can get yours done and take payment once he confirms they arrived in good condition.

I'm only starting with the door/dash trim and the fake carbon pieces near the shifter. Trim is $695 + shipping. Let me know!

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by IBMike View Post
    All right, now that I finally got my V, this is going to be the first thing I add. Don't want to pull the trim and ride around showing off my new ride in that condition, so I'm probably going to order the cores and go that route. Anyone out there interested in taking my stock ones off my hands when I get the new ones? I can either ship directly to you or to Matt so you can get yours done and take payment once he confirms they arrived in good condition.

I'm only starting with the door/dash trim and the fake carbon pieces near the shifter. Trim is $695 + shipping. Let me know!
    After talking to someone on "the other board" they pointed out that if you order the full console in addition to the "base" trim, Matt offers a discount. Not being one to pass up a good deal, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the whole shebang! So for those who've been waiting to see what the yellow looks like, I'll be your guinea pig; I'm having the door/dash and "fake carbon" strips done in yellow, with the rest of the console done in black. I think it is gonna look pretty sweet! I'll be sure and post lots of pics!

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Updates?? Moar Picts?

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Updates?? Moar Picts?
    We're working on a custom set in 4x4 twill right now. The customer asked that we do the center console with the weave going horizontal, which is a first for us. The regular trim will have the pieces in the normal V shaped weave pattern. We're also doing some custom window switch trim pieces for him. It is turning out really nice.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

If only I had the money to blow^^^^. I though a lot about trying some of this myself but its a LOT of work.

btek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im hoping the customer posts pics up of the finished work. Looks very nice!

lvevo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None, look at my handle

Matt

What would the matte finish look like?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.