Will the Coupe 10" rear wheels work on a Sedan with the new 19" M/T drag radials?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Will the Coupe 10" rear wheels work on a Sedan with the new 19" M/T drag radials? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I know this may have been discussed prior, but the search feature is not working too well for me, so ...
    Dale Pittman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Will the Coupe 10" rear wheels work on a Sedan with the new 19" M/T drag radials?

I know this may have been discussed prior, but the search feature is not working too well for me, so I thought I would post here to get a quick answer.

I have a friend who wants to put this combo on a new 2011 Sedan and I want to learn if it did work OK for anyone out there, or what were the issues (rub points) and any advice on getting past each?

Picking up the tires tomorrow from M/T. Need to order the wheels tomorrow as well and just need to know which to get, stock 9.5" wide Sedan or the 10" wide Coupe wheels. I know there is some offset differences but it also sounded like they bolt up OK, even with new Z rated radials, even in 305mm widths.

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Re: Will the Coupe 10" rear wheels work on a Sedan with the new 19" M/T drag radials?

No help here, but very anxious to see mounted pics of the 10" wheel with the 305 DR's. I can see this combo being VERY popular

rednumbers is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Will the Coupe 10" rear wheels work on a Sedan with the new 19" M/T drag radials?

the 10 coupe wheels poke out a little but I think with drags it will rub if your car is lowered. I have ben debating to switch to coupe wheels to have a more aggresive offset but my car is lowered and it looks like it will rub

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

According to my calcs, the 10" coupe wheel will extend 22mm further than the sedan's 9.5" rear wheel... Not gonna do it in my book.

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Come on, to heck with all the guessing and talk. Try it, be a risk taker! After all, it's not my money If it works, Then I can buy some. Lol

Mike TexaSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Yes is the answer.

I just finished installing a set of coupe 10" wheels on a customers 09 V sedan. We went with 285/35/19 bfg gforce fronts with 295/35/19 bfg gforce rears. It looked killer. There was another forum mumber here with a 09 v sedan that was at my shop with the same combo but with black wheels. Again looked good.

A 305 would look even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
    Yes is the answer.

I just finished installing a set of coupe 10" wheels on a customers 09 V sedan. We went with 285/35/19 bfg gforce fronts with 295/35/19 bfg gforce rears. It looked killer. There was another forum mumber here with a 09 v sedan that was at my shop with the same combo but with black wheels. Again looked good.

Mike TexaSS,
    Thanks for the info. When you put on the 285's on the front did you use the stock front wheels or something other?

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

pics?

EVIL_C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, 2010 CTS-V Sedan

my 305/35/18 MT's on C5 Z06 wheels extend a little past the fender and even on a hard launch, they dont rub.

kinda hard to see how much they stick out, but if they did rub, the tape would show it.....lol

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
    Yes is the answer.

I don't see it fitting by the #'s, but obviously experience with it trumps all! Have any pics of said fitment? I'm extremely interested to see this. TIA

I ordered the 10" wheels today, should be to my shop by tomorrow or Monday. Just picked up the new 19" M/T tires this afternoon. They look good so we are only a few days away from knowing here at my shop. Need to learn how to post photos, any quick advice?

Thanks.

haterinc is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Mike that client track the car? 285s on the front seem very wide and heavy for street/strip use? Love the rear combo tho. Have 295s coming in tmrw!

Bushidopupil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (V)icious Coupe

Sorry OP, not trying to thread jack. I have a coupe and am looking to get the same rear tires for my stock wheels. Has anyone done this with a coupe with the new 19" MT's. Do they rub, or do you need spacers?

Thanx

mfrazstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2009 Escalade ESV

Dale
    How did the combo work? Did you measure the coupe wheels for offset/backspacing?

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX

My buddy has the 10 inch wheel mounted on his sedan and hates the look. It does look a bit ghetto which is why he calls his car the "ghettolac" right now while he gets his stock wheels re-finished. it looks good on a couple of angles (side and back) but overall sticks out too much. Here is the view that does not look so great. This is with stock tires (285/45-19 Pilots). if you have a rear quarter view, looking at the rear of the car, it looks great, which is most of the pics posted with this combo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.