Chrome Wheels?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Chrome Wheels? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Anyone chrome their OEM wheels? I know I know, I'm a pimp. lol...
    chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Chrome Wheels?

Anyone chrome their OEM wheels?
    I know I know, I'm a pimp. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NROTIK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Chrome Wheels?

Got mine through us wheel exchange.. They are a pvd coating.. Very nice.. Looks a lot better than the polished..they are genuine wheels offered with an exchange program.. They area local company for me and have offered a group purchase price if there is interest.. Thanks... I do not work for them, just bought wheels from them..

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Heavens no for me, although I am sure that somewhere, somebody has done it.
    Now if there was a means of, and there might be, doing a flat non-reflective chrome such as Merc uses on occasion, I would do it, but not the standard pimp "flash like a gold tooth" chrome. FWIW & IMHO.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I bought a set of exchange chrome wheels for my 2004 CTS-V. They were much nicer looking than the existing painted wheels. I had them moved to my 2005 CTS-V when I traded in the 2004. They were stock CTS-V wheels that had been chromed. The chrome was beginning to flake after about four years, but the person at the dealership offered to make good on the bad wheels if I was willing to go with painted wheels until the exchange was complete. I elected to keep the chrome wheels and traded in the 2005 CTS-V on a 2009 CTS-V with polished wheels. The difference is that the chrome is a little brighter, but the polished wheels cannot flake. I would go with polished wheels over chrome. Both are considerably better than painted wheels.

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'm in the middle of deciding on whether to put Chrome C6 Z06 style rims all around or factory wheels done in chrome or black chrome. I haven't decided yet, but I will say that I prefer any Chrome wheel 100% better than the polished aluminum stuff we get. I had polished aluminum wheels on my 2000 WS6 and now my CTS-V and I have to say the factory chrome rims on my 2004 Cobra are MUCH MUCH nicer. Easier to keep clean and much better looking overall. My $0.02.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

To me, these are the -wheels- of choice:

http://www.pantherwheels.ca/

Mine are painted, and I prefer paint over the polished aluminum because the paint will not show the scratches in the bright sunlight. Even though both the polished and the painted '09 & up CTS-V -wheels- are clear coated the clear coat scratches from the brake dust, (or the wiping and / or washing off) the polished aluminum will show the scratches in the sun light. The paint doesn't probably because of lack of reflection.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I don't see any scratches on my polished wheels (in sunlight or otherwise). Maybe I don't clean them often enought.

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Chrome rules! lol

LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I want to black chrome my wheels and would be interested in a group buy if possible or someone is interested in setting one up.

rocketeer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am interested in chrome stock wheels. My 05 wheels I had exchanged from OEM Rims but they have nothing yet in the V2 wheels. Anyone else have experience with the PVD coating or us wheel exchange. Kind of hard to figure out their pricing.

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeer View Post
    I am interested in chrome stock wheels. My 05 wheels I had exchanged from OEM Rims but they have nothing yet in the V2 wheels. Anyone else have experience with the PVD coating or us wheel exchange. Kind of hard to figure out their pricing.
    I think Razorecko has the PVD Coating Black Chrome wheels on his car. I have a set of PVD Bright Chrome Wheels that should arrive tomorrow. I'll have tires on them next week and they'll be back on the car when the threat of snow is over. Brian at US Wheel Exchange in MI has been great to deal with so far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.