Question for GMX322V S/C or anyone about Blacking out chrome
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Question for GMX322V S/C or anyone about Blacking out chrome in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My name is Dave Presto and I am from Mount Joy, PA. I have a 2010 CTS-V sedan in Thunder ...
    D307P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo Convert,83 Deville Patriot,77 Deville,89 Brougham

Question for GMX322V S/C or anyone about Blacking out chrome

My name is Dave Presto and I am from Mount Joy, PA. I have a 2010 CTS-V sedan in Thunder Gray. I saw the pictures of GMX322V S/C's car. That is one of the nicest V's out there in my opinion. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions.

GMX322V S/C said blacked out parts are D3 Noir. I looked on line and saw that kit is for front and rear Wreath and Crest, Side Emblems, and Vents. Do they now have parts for the grill and around the windows or was that painted?

Also, the PermaStar Black Chrome Wheels, where do you order them from? I saw a website for samotorsportsinc but wasn't sure if that was the only place. Does D3 also offer them?

Just joined the group but have had several Cadillacs. I have spent the last couple of days just reading forums. So much good information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Re: Question for GMX322V S/C or anyone about Blacking out chrome

I know I had all my chrome painted at a local shop. IT's all handling great minus the actuall grill part... where it's starting to chip a bit. Other then that it's awesome and about 4 times cheaper.

kirbyCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V manual

most pieces cant be powder coated but can be painted...the window trim can be done with trimbrite(think the name) to black out. I believe he had all his work done by D3 but u can get the black chrome done but a few diff shops (US WHeel exchange, etc).

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

the trim around my windows is vinyl. all other chrome on the car is painted (or int he process of being painted) raven.

im going to attempt to take the front end apart soon to remove the grill to take to body shop... not excited about it, but i aint skeered.

Quote Originally Posted by e6t View Post
    the trim around my windows is vinyl. all other chrome on the car is painted (or int he process of being painted) raven.

im going to attempt to take the front end apart soon to remove the grill to take to body shop... not excited about it, but i aint skeered.
    It's really easy FYI.

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Trim-Brite can be used for the windows. It's easy and very cost effective to do and looks exactly like the black door trim already on the car.

http://www.autobarn.net/trimblackout.html

Quote Originally Posted by gnxs View Post
    Trim-Brite can be used for the windows. It's easy and very cost effective to do and looks exactly like the black door trim already on the car.

http://www.autobarn.net/trimblackout.html
    yup what I used. works like a champ.

D307P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 76 Eldo Convert,83 Deville Patriot,77 Deville,89 Brougham

Dumb question probably, but theTrimbrite, do you remove the pieces you are going to tape or can it be done with the parts still on the car?

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by D307P View Post
    Dumb question probably, but theTrimbrite, do you remove the pieces you are going to tape or can it be done with the parts still on the car?
    on the car.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by D307P View Post
    My name is Dave Presto and I am from Mount Joy, PA. I have a 2010 CTS-V sedan in Thunder Gray. I saw the pictures of GMX322V S/C's car. That is one of the nicest V's out there in my opinion. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions.

GMX322V S/C said blacked out parts are D3 Noir. I looked on line and saw that kit is for front and rear Wreath and Crest, Side Emblems, and Vents. Do they now have parts for the grill and around the windows or was that painted?

Also, the PermaStar Black Chrome Wheels, where do you order them from? I saw a website for samotorsportsinc but wasn't sure if that was the only place. Does D3 also offer them?

Just joined the group but have had several Cadillacs. I have spent the last couple of days just reading forums. So much good information.
    Thanks for the kind words. D3 painted all the trim to my specifications: shiny bits were painted semi-gloss black and grille meshes matte black. Not sure if this officially became the Noir Kit.

D3 also stripped my stock wheels, sent them out, and then put them back together for me. I suppose you could try to work directly with the vendor (Pacific Rims here in California); however, the exact finish (which I think has the perfect combination of color value and luster) was specified by D3 on my behalf, so your mileage may vary.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.