Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Key Wraps

14K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  Retrax 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the company offering these leather key protectors. They advertise on this site. I have purchased some of these and I have never received my purchase, nor will they reply to any of emails. I would think they are reputable since they are on this site, but I think they ripped me off.

Thanks
2011 CTSV Coupe

#38 ·
I have two of the non-flap slip units. I received them very quickly after ordering. While initially tight, they loosen with time if kept in your pocket. My wife's remains fine, as it stays in her purse. Mine is too loose because it stays in my pocket. So I would recommend the flap one if you are carrying your fob in your pocket. At least that is what I will try next.

I find the quality to be ok. I was expecting a softer, glove type leather - instead the leather is quite hard.

#39 ·
Always helps to provide the company with feedback, positive or negative. It is unfortunate that the customer service has been non-existent for you guys thus far.

#40 ·
I know this is an older thread, but I ordered a set of Key Wraps last week after deciding on my new 2012 SRX. They arrived within a couple of days, and I'm very pleased. Just thought since there had been some no-so-positive comments, I'd chime in with a very good experience.

Jody

#44 ·
Any update on the status of this vendor? I sent an E-mail yesterday asking if he was still in business - but no response. The E-mail didn't bounce, though . . .

I really like these and would love to order a pair, but not willing to toss my CC info out to the interwebs without some type of assurance he is still in business.

#45 ·
Wouldn't be jumping in with these guys. Most of their "fans" have less than 10 posts. Never a good sign......just sayin'.

#48 ·
As an update - I E-mailed Jim (the owner) of Key Wraps in advance of my order to make sure he was still in business and had inventory. Following a couple of E-mail exchanges, I placed the order last week Monday, he sent them Tuesday and they were delivered Thursday. The leather is a little smoother than I would have liked, but overall the wraps are of very nice quality. Little magnet at the bottom of the flap to keep the flap closed.

Based on the reviews and customer responses above, I was pretty hesitant. But I am quite happy with my purchase.

And relative to the comments above about newbies doing all of the reviews - I would agree with that comment in most situations. But as a long time poster on corvetteforum, silveradossforum, and the clubgp (user ID kzoovette, kzooGTX), hopefully you can trust that my experience, at least, was extremely positive.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.