New Toy Alert! CF Interior Trim for CTS-V / CTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, New Toy Alert! CF Interior Trim for CTS-V / CTS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by mugatu22 Be careful, you'll be told that you're "hating" on this precious perfect car. I guess now ...
    TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

Re: New Toy Alert! CF Interior Trim for CTS-V / CTS

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post
    Be careful, you'll be told that you're "hating" on this precious perfect car.
    I guess now that the "cheap" interior has been addressed by the aftermarket...you will buy a CTS-V.... or maybe .... just maybe.. you will keep on trolling around here...same as you do in the AMG sections on mbworld (and other car forums)....acting like you are interested in buying a high performance car....

Tom

mugatu22 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.

In a world of uncertainty, we can at least rely upon CL65 being a know it all. Whew!

AP24LA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Again not to detract from the main theme of this thread, but that is where a high caliber, accurate vacuum - boost gage such as an Autometer should go. If you got rid of the sister ugly chrome crap ring around the clock, and substituted a thinner aluminum ring, that would probably leave enough room for a 2 5/8 vacuum - boost.
    This has already been done by Jesse guys.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by AP24LA View Post

Probably has, and I thank you for the info. I doubt if there is anything on these cars that has not been done by Jesse. On the other hand, I can't afford to drive to indiana to have him do it. And I don't want to prove to the world that I really am the idiot that I think I am by bungling the installation job myself.

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    i wonder how much those carbon trim peices cost. I know of a guy that does that to interiors and am curious to see the price comparison.
    you should post info on said guy.

AP24LA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

haha thats probably true. Just wanted to make sure everyone asking about it was aware that it was out there.

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by AP24LA View Post

How much is this? I'd do it in a heart beat. Jesse????

aceofblitz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

I thought i was going to bid the obsidian farewell... guess I was wrong
    I really like this trim though, do want!!

SleepTight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony

The center piece and shift tunnel needs some real aluminum trim. The waffle weave pattern that Bentley uses would be a nice match.

I also like the idea of a better clock with a multifunction display capability.

Put me down as very interested in the CF trim. Put me down as skeptical of the utility of the shift paddles without a major transmission retune to allow for faster shifting.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Are there two paddles or one? It's hard to tell when looking this site on my phone.

TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post
    In a world of uncertainty, we can at least rely upon CL65 being a know it all. Whew!
    Nah.... I prefer my post to represent... "you reap what you sow" in relation to your post. But thank you for the sanctimonious response...

Tom

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Just for the record, there are two paddles (one on each side).... Now, back to how cool the CF pieces are.

Once the paddle shifts are ready for release, we will make a formal release with detailed images and optional finishes, etc...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    Are there two paddles or one? It's hard to tell when looking this site on my phone.

The Black Dahlia is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS (NOW), 2004 CTS (Then), 2008 CTS (Then)

Oh you struck gold. This looks absolutely amazing. Great job guys!

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
    The center piece and shift tunnel needs some real aluminum trim. The waffle weave pattern that Bentley uses would be a nice match.

I also like the idea of a better clock with a multifunction display capability.

Put me down as very interested in the CF trim. Put me down as skeptical of the utility of the shift paddles without a major transmission retune to allow for faster shifting.
    FWIW & IMHO:
    What you are referring to as waffle weave pattern is generally accepted / considered "engine turned appearance / pattern" due to the nature of how it is made. In real life, it has been considered the standard or benchmark for finishes / appearances since about the '20's or '30's. Although what is shown appears to be computer designed / drawn / printed, it originally was done by a drill press pressing down on aluminum sheeting with a burnishing wheel, and then moved over so that it was partially covered as shown. This was how the cockpit dash of the famous Ford "Tri-motor" airplane of the '30's or so and what the dashes of many famous cars were done.

SleepTight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Auto Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    FWIW & IMHO:
    What you are referring to as waffle weave pattern is generally accepted / considered "engine turned appearance / pattern" due to the nature of how it is made. In real life, it has been considered the standard or benchmark for finishes / appearances since about the '20's or '30's. Although what is shown appears to be computer designed / drawn / printed, it originally was done by a drill press pressing down on aluminum sheeting with a burnishing wheel, and then moved over so that it was partially covered as shown. This was how the cockpit dash of the famous Ford "Tri-motor" airplane of the '30's or so and what the dashes of many famous cars were done.
    Thank you for correcting me. "Engine tuned" aluminum it is. Regardless of nomenclature, it would look absolutely stellar in the V in combination with real carbon fiber. Bentley also makes a darker version that would also be nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.