New Toy Alert! CF Interior Trim for CTS-V / CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, New Toy Alert! CF Interior Trim for CTS-V / CTS in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by RemoWilliams Looks great, LOVE IT. This is the way it should have come from the factory. Not ...
    Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Re: New Toy Alert! CF Interior Trim for CTS-V / CTS

Quote Originally Posted by RemoWilliams View Post
    Looks great, LOVE IT. This is the way it should have come from the factory. Not sure if I want to hear the price.

I would like to see something different for the center console other than black scratch magnet. I was thinking Carbon Fiber, but that really would be too much. Maybe a nice brushed aluminum piece would look nice. I really want to get rid of the black obsidian - I hate it
    I agree, I wish we could get rid of the black plastic around the shifter as well....

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Looks great, LOVE IT. This is the way it should have come from the factory. Not sure if I want to hear the price.

I would like to see something different for the center console other than black scratch magnet. I was thinking Carbon Fiber, but that really would be too much. Maybe a nice brushed aluminum piece would look nice. I really want to get rid of the black obsidian - I hate it
    Not to detract from the main theme of this thread, but either brushed aluminum and / or engine turned aluminum. Engine turned aluminum would really set this car apart from the crowd. It would also set people apart from their pocketbook.

Still love the carbon, but a little off topic thought. I also cant stand the cheap clock in the dash. My Infiniti had a nice high quality look. With raised metal hour lines. Rather then just a cheap paper looking face on the Caddy's.

A quality replacement clock would be cool. Just a thought.
    Again not to detract from the main theme of this thread, but that is where a high caliber, accurate vacuum - boost gage such as an Autometer should go. If you got rid of the sister ugly chrome crap ring around the clock, and substituted a thinner aluminum ring, that would probably leave enough room for a 2 5/8 vacuum - boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Again not to detract from the main theme of this thread, but that is where a high caliber, accurate vacuum - boost gage such as an Autometer should go. If you got rid of the sister ugly chrome crap ring around the clock, and substituted a thinner aluminum ring, that would probably leave enough room for a 2 5/8 vacuum - boost.
    I really might do that. That would be really fun to do.... Wonder how hard it would be though...

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I was thinking of that as well Gary, It would be nice to have a multipurpose guage, possibly something with a clock if it even exists just for the fact that you' can't get time anywhere inside the v except from that old man clock in the middle.

I like the "old man" clock. I get a lot of compliments on the class by adding it to it and I think that's what GM wanted to do. That being said it would be a heck of a lot cooler to have a digital boost gauge or something in there moving up and down as I'm driving the car

ekyub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Those shifter paddles are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    I like the "old man" clock. I get a lot of compliments on the class by adding it to it and I think that's what GM wanted to do. That being said it would be a heck of a lot cooler to have a digital boost gauge or something in there moving up and down as I'm driving the car
    I could live with the "old man" clock if it was a Omega. Naw, J/K, but it would have to be a high quality clock. It would have to be something that would look commensurate with the dignity that the Cad deserves. I would prefer a vacuum - boost, accurate, 2 5/8" dia., carbon fiber gage backing, maybe even liquid filled to reduce any unsteadiness of the needle readings. I might take that up with D3. I mentioned it to them about a year ago, and they seemed to think that it was a good idea at the time. Analog, too. I don't want to re-learn how to read a gage this late in life.

Stingray23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

its about time someone made real CF interior parts to replace that cheap looking fake carbon. Looks great. should've been offered from the factory. same for the paddles. any prices yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    I could live with the "old man" clock if it was a Omega. Naw, J/K, but it would have to be a high quality clock. It would have to be something that would look commensurate with the dignity that the Cad deserves. I would prefer a vacuum - boost, accurate, 2 5/8" dia., carbon fiber gage backing, maybe even liquid filled to reduce any unsteadiness of the needle readings. I might take that up with D3. I mentioned it to them about a year ago, and they seemed to think that it was a good idea at the time. Analog, too. I don't want to re-learn how to read a gage this late in life.
    I would buy that in a heart beat!

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No response to my post or PM as of yet.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Maybe a midnight Sapele wood option for the center console... For the folks who already have wood. And I agree with everyone else... The paddle are nice!!

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

NEED those paddles. MUST HAVE those paddles. Cash-in-hand buyer here....

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

i wonder how much those carbon trim peices cost. I know of a guy that does that to interiors and am curious to see the price comparison.

mugatu22 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 4-door Escalhate, '08 Corvhate Z06, Ford DuraHate Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
    its about time someone made real CF interior parts to replace that cheap looking fake carbon. Looks great. should've been offered from the factory. same for the paddles. any prices yet?
    Be careful, you'll be told that you're "hating" on this precious perfect car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.