Show me your black wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Show me your black wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by mugatu22 THIS is filthy hot. The only car I've seen on this thread that makes me dig ...
    rphctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v & c6vette

Re: Show me your black wheels

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu22 View Post

THIS is filthy hot. The only car I've seen on this thread that makes me dig the black wheels, btw. Nicely done.
    Can this be done to a polished wheel? I don't have the chrome wheels.

AP24LA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Montag84 View Post
    The car looks even better in color, I snagged this off a thread awhile ago, grey-scale above does not do this car justice. Love how the differnet angles show different colors in the thunder grey and black chrome on stockers FTW
    Looks almost like that chameleon turquoise/purple color here. I like that darker gray up top even though they both look awesome.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Thanks guys. The ChromaFlair does give her some interesting "flop," especially when the sun is low in the sky. I briefly thought about powdercoating her wheels black or titanium, but it just seemed like all of the wheels' details would be lost. I really like the way the black chrome works with the wheels' design.

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Thanks guys. The ChromaFlair does give her some interesting "flop," especially when the sun is low in the sky. I briefly thought about powdercoating her wheels black or titanium, but it just seemed like all of the wheels' details would be lost. I really like the way the black chrome works with the wheels' design.
    So the car pictured above is yours then? If so, your car is now my screensaver lol. Until I get mine of course. Does the color in person look more like the first pic or the second?

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I had an opportunity to see the car in person a few weeks ago when Mas dropped it off at D3 in Signal hill. In person, at least to me, the car looks more like the first 3 picture set on page 1 than it does in the other pictures. In person, the thunder grey does not have that multi-hued appearance. Metallic grey it appears. To say that the car is striking just doesn't do justice to the car's appearance. The black chrome on the wheels is simply breathtaking. Hard to describe it otherwise. Black painted wheels, even powder coated ones, couldn't hold a candle to these wheels. Nothing beats the factory wheel configuration. Beautiful car, Mas, and I am looking forward to seeing it again in person.

raulam65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts-v

It's exceptionally striking. If it hasn't been done so in another thread, could you briefly talk about where you had it done, what the cost was, etc.....I have a 2010 in thunder grey and would like to find out how it was done.

Thank you, I'm assuming you mean the wheels because if you have Thunder Gray, you already have ChromaFlair The wheels were black chromed using the Goodrich PermaStar process. It starts off with a powdercoat-like process then the chrome is applied using a vapor-deposition-like process. The wheels are then clear coated. The result is OEM durable--it won't corrode even if scored down to bare metal. 175 bucks a wheel, plus the labor to strip them and shipping/insurance. D3 took care of everything for me. Call James at D3 if you'd like more details.

raulam65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts-v

The wheels do look great, but I'm also interested in the blackout treatment throughout the rest of your car.

Again, D3 Everything that was shiny is now semi-gloss black and all of the grille meshes are now matte black.

Again, D3 Everything that was shiny is now semi-gloss black and all of the grille meshes are now matte black.
    from my small experience on this forum it seems like D3 is the place to go to look good and wait4me is the place to go fast while looking good.

Oh, D3 is putting on some go fast bits for me also as we speak

Oh, D3 is putting on some go fast bits for me also as we speak
    I do know that D3 does some performance modding as well but isn't wait4me substantially less expensive than almost every other modder out there with the same if not better results? Id love to figure this out because D3 is ALOT closer to me than wait4me (im in vegas) and if thats not the case then im alot happier knowing that I can take the car over to D3 to have everything done at once.

smoove7410 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Any wheel/tire/suspension stats for this guy? Very nice.

zeeboid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon, Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Thanks! The front bumper, grille, etc is all D3 products.

The wheels are Forgeline 3-piece MD3P in 19" shown in a black chrome center w/black mounting hardware, on a matte titanium lip.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Hey D3,

I don't see prices on your website for the colored kits... what do you get for a full set of blacked out accents for a V Wagon?

NAX-121 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V: 07 EXT: 05 EXT: 05 Ram SRT-10rc: 800hp NORDIC Boat

My V on 18x10 Team Dynamics Wheels
    Attachment 106762
    Smokin80 and Smokin80 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.