So my Caddy's wheels and tires hate me...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, So my Caddy's wheels and tires hate me... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I absolutely loved driving my car...until the 20's were installed. Long story short, I ordered a set of DPE SP5 ...
    TrevorD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon

So my Caddy's wheels and tires hate me...

I absolutely loved driving my car...until the 20's were installed. Long story short, I ordered a set of DPE SP5 wheels early this year. They show up, and I have my local wheel/tire guy get me a set of Nitto Invo tires for the wheels. They put them on, and the steering wheel shakes like crazy. They tell me that the wheels weren't totally round, and I said no way. I've had $800 import wheels balance with no problem! I take it to Discount Tire to be rebalanced, and they say that each wheel was 1.5+ grams off. I was excited to know that it would be an easy fix, but that didn't happen. It was better, but it still drove like total crap at 50+ MPH. I pay AGAIN to have them balanced, and this time I pay quite a bit to have them road force balanced. $150 later, I end up with two HUGE gouges in the lip of one of my rear wheels. Luckily, I can get the wheel rehooped for pretty cheap. They did confirm, though, that one front and one rear tire are out of spec. So, my problem has been two bad tires from day one. I tell the shop that I bought the tires from, and he orders me two new tires. In the mean time, I pull the 20's off to have the damaged wheel repaired. I put my stock wheels and tires back on that have 1,500 miles on them, and one of the front tires has a 3" bubble in the side of it! I was so disgusted I parked the car in the garage 10 days ago and haven't touched it since. I've since calmed down and want to drive the car, so now I need a new front tire. I just cringe at the thought of buying a stock PS2 $360 tire for a car that just turned 2,000 miles. The wheels and tires have been a money pit, and all I have to show for it is two sets of wheels and tires that have issues. LOL okay, I'm done venting. If anyone has a 255/40/19 PS2 tire for sale let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: So my Caddy's wheels and tires hate me...

did u buy the road hazard insurance?

No, of course not. I knew I'd end up with new wheels and tires, so I passed on it.

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Even without the road hazard insurance the tires have a warranty and your tire has a defect. Take your car over to that Discount Tire store. They will call Michelin and get you credit for all of the unused tread left on the tire. Probably like 80-90% of the tire. My old STS had a tire defect and DT was great to deal with on the Goodyear warranty replacement.

Thanks for the info! I bought new wheels/ tires from Discount today for my truck, so hopefully they'll be willing to help me.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    No, of course not. I knew I'd end up with new wheels and tires, so I passed on it.
    I don't know if they all do it, but my tire/wheel insurance covers aftermarket as well.

Maybe the price difference from Nitto to Michelin is worth it? Price out Max Perf tires in the sizes we run. The PS2s are not super crazy. And to cheap on tires on a car this expensive is just that. Cheap...

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

they should be able to help you out. Call the tire manufacture direct on the tire they will replace it.

I want to say thanks! I called Michelin and started a claim, and they had to have a Michelin dealer look at it. I took it to Discount, and they followed up with Michelin. They decided to warranty the tire completely. My new tire will be here early next week! It never occurred to me that the manufacturer would warranty their tire. I figured they would blame it on a pothole, etc.

Thanks again for the recommendation! It saved me $370!

Trevor

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Glad that worked out for you.

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Thanks again for the recommendation! It saved me $370!

Trevor
    I'm so glad it worked out for you too. As a side note, where were you able to get a quote on a stock PS2 for $370? Last time I checked they were close to $550.

Tony

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
    I'm so glad it worked out for you too. As a side note, where were you able to get a quote on a stock PS2 for $370? Last time I checked they were close to $550.

Tony
    Tire rack has the fronts listed for $376 and rears for $439.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.