What polish-wax are you using? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, What polish-wax are you using? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Gary, I suffer from deep seated security issues...I only feel comfortable if the wood pile is head high! I feel ...
    Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: What polish-wax are you using?

Gary, I suffer from deep seated security issues...I only feel comfortable if the wood pile is head high!

I feel the same about vehicle maintenance products...once I used Zaino, I purchased a multi-year supply. I simply hate to not have reserves...wine, beer, hair spray...you name it. So change is hampered in my life by economic reality...once I like something, I create financial handcuffs, that eliminate future decision making issues.

I know, I'm sick, loathsome, and stuck in my ways...if you think those are terrible things...my students call me an attendance Nazi, and they are not far from wrong...my wife tried to impose a "prescribed load limit" on cases of Royal Purple lubricants...but that failed miserably...if she knew how much Zaino I had...I think she would cut my allowance!

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Gary, I suffer from deep seated security issues...I only feel comfortable if the wood pile is head high!

I feel the same about vehicle maintenance products...once I used Zaino, I purchased a multi-year supply. I simply hate to not have reserves...wine, beer, hair spray...you name it. So change is hampered in my life by economic reality...once I like something, I create financial handcuffs, that eliminate future decision making issues.

I know, I'm sick, loathsome, and stuck in my ways...if you think those are terrible things...my students call me an attendance Nazi, and they are not far from wrong...my wife tried to impose a "prescribed load limit" on cases of Royal Purple lubricants...but that failed miserably...if she knew how much Zaino I had...I think she would cut my allowance!
    Roy:
    Evidently I snuck in under the same umbrella excepting that I couldn't bear the thought of waking up to a female version of myself in the morning so I am single. I stock up on everything, buy it on sale when I can, and forever whine when the store runs out or the manufacturer changes his product.
    The only fix for me is a good stiff shot of single malt scotch upon occasion.

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Malt scotch...hmmmm, going to have to try that!

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Mark:
    How about a little more info on the "big blue towel"?
    Length, width, brand name, composition of the micro-fiber info on the label please?
    Gary, I checked the site and it appears they no longer have the "big blue towels". That's actually what they were called. There are no tags on the towels so I can't answer your questions.
    They are approx 24 x 24 and hold ten times their weight in water. They are a waffle weave micro.

Sorry.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

7 Vipers, Ford GT, 3 Vettes, 5 Caddies, 2 M5 Bimmers etc etc --I have used Meguires, Zymol, Zaino, and VERY expensive exotic polishes --you name it and have "sworn" by several. In the end have come to the conclusion it just does NOT matter.

Wash the car religiously, blow dry it, use a quality wax and microfiber towels. You will look as good as anyone at the car show.

homesite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escallade, 2009 CTS-V, Lamborghini Murcielago

black box by Meguiars works great on my black motors

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Big Blue Towel

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...obigbliii.html

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...liblmidrt.html

Griots towels in kit or can buy individually. Nothing has ever come close and if not satisfied, they would take it back, no questions.

Tried once and I've been using this brand of products solely for 3 years now.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Griots!!
    I wash the V often and use their spray wax.

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Yes, thats the one. Thanks for posting.

Mark

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

AHOY Homesite,

I had a 42 ft cabin cruiser on Lake Michigan for 7 years, New Buffalo Michigan to be exact. Your Pic brought back some memories.

She had twin engine Cummins Bta-590 diesels.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Oh snap, people, I can't even afford a rubber duckie for my bathtub. It has come to my attenetion that there is some serious money in this forum. I am definitely in the wrong place. I am so broke that I have to take a co-signer with me to pay cash.

CoOlSlY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Just wondering, do you have to use 2-3 different products when waxing? I'm looking for something that you just have one process. I know there will be a trade off but i'm ok with that. Is Zaino a "one step" product? Thanx

lavaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, White, Auto, all options (Traded for a Tahoe)

I use a one step sealer wax called REJEX on my white diamond. Works wonderful.

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Zaino products

lavaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, White, Auto, all options (Traded for a Tahoe)

Quote Originally Posted by homesite View Post
    black box by Meguiars works great on my black motors

That looks like some serious power on the back of that boat. Why is it that the outside engines have shorter lower units? I can see that they extend below the hull about the same as the center engines, but does that change the turning characteristics?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.