Widening the stock wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Widening the stock wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Good morning Gene, I thought all this was your doing. Anxious to see how the tires look on your beautiful ...
    dons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe, 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: Widening the stock wheels

Good morning Gene, I thought all this was your doing. Anxious to see how the tires look on your beautiful white CTS-V. Do you know for sure they will fit under the back? I am thinking about installing some lowering springs from 3D and am curious if your application will work on my car after it is lowered. I am planning to go once again to the Texas Mile in October, and am looking for a better rear whell application, as getting off the starting grid is somewhat difficult. Looking forwrad to seeing the finished look. DonS

Somefun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Greg* View Post
    I thought I would share some pictures of a little project another member of the forum is involved in. These are meant for the rear only. Tires will be mounted in the next day or two.

Post some pic as soon as you have them on the car I'd love to see it done!!!! Man I want a set for sure!!!

andrewperez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V

That looks badass! I hope they fit without issues. Even if you must tub, the V would look incredible with rubber that wide. Can't wait to see as well.

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Vaughn is the MAN he did my OEM Camaro wheels and they came out flawless.

Only issue I had is the car had a vibration 80+ MPH that no matter how many times it was balanced wouldn't go away. I have my custom forged wheels now and its smoother.

I can only suggest maybe once you go wider you need to have them balanced on the vehicle? I know there is a machine that does this that is made in Canada. All the Bling rim shops down south have it.

On the Camaro you need to use hub centric spacers. How about on the CTSv?

Cant wait to see photos of these on the CTSV, attached are photos of my Vaughn Camaro wheels

demorgan59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I had the same problem with a set of Impala SS rims that I had widened to 11". It had a rhythmnic (is that a word?) vibration that showed up at 80 MPH and was untenantable at 120. The wheel was perfectly balanced so it must have been some type of harmonic or natural frequency that was not damped.

Anyone taking bets? No way those 325's fit.

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan59 View Post
    I had the same problem with a set of Impala SS rims that I had widened to 11". It had a rhythmnic (is that a word?) vibration that showed up at 80 MPH and was untenantable at 120. The wheel was perfectly balanced so it must have been some type of harmonic or natural frequency that was not damped.

Anyone taking bets? No way those 325's fit.
    Fastlane got 325's under their CTS-V.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2089467

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

So Greg, What was the measurements of each rims width? I assume its measured bead to bead. Cause i had this discussion before. As big Jim is saying that he is waiting for the Coupes rear 10.5. I would like some wider tires. I measured mine from bead to bead and it was 10". My fronts were 9.5" Big Jim was saying that the fronts were 9' and the and the rears were 9.5" Am i imagining these measurements? Funny though my new Hankooks are 1" wider at 11.25" in the rear tread than the PS2 while the same 285s. The fronts are nearly the same at about 10" across

I was thinking to put the rears in front with some 275s and buy the new coup rear rims with some 315s or something. i guess one guy here had his tire rotated and some scraping went on with the wide rim in front.

consider me subscribed. Like to see how this shakes out.

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Can someone post up the bolt pattern and offsets of the factory CTSv wheels?

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    Can someone post up the bolt pattern and offsets of the factory CTSv wheels?
    Bolt pattern: 5x120 mm
    Offset: 51 mm front and 56 mm rear

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ls-winter.html

mfrazstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2009 Escalade ESV

Any update on fitting these wheels and monster tires?

Greg* is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by mfrazstsv View Post
    Any update on fitting these wheels and monster tires?
    Hope to have a update this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-N-V View Post
    So Greg, What was the measurements of each rims width? I assume its measured bead to bead.
    The widend wheels are 10 7/16 in width w/ a 8.4 backspacing and it was measured bead to bead. Stock ones should be 9'' front & 9 1/2 rear

As big Jim is saying that he is waiting for the Coupes rear 10.5
    Are we sure the coupes are getting a 10.5 wheel? According GM's
    press release
    the rears will still be a 9.5 inch wheel. Even if they turn out to be a 10.5 wheel there is no guarantee the backspacing would work/look good on the sedans.

Like to see how this shakes out.
    Hopefully we'll know more this weekend.

Here is some pictures of the "widened stock wheel" project that forum member glgjr is involved with. They were taken at a car show so I wasnt able to get all the angles I wanted. We were parked next to a buddy of ours ZR1 which has 335/25/20's on the rear.

That looks awesome! Thanks for the pics.
    Do you know if there were any other concerns or modifications to install or was it a direct fit?

Can you also lets us know the tire brand and size. I believe the thread previously posted 325/30/19 Sport Cup but just want to be certain.
    Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.