D3 Springs and New Wheels - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, D3 Springs and New Wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by tony tone well, in all actuality that car doesn't even look lowered. maybe it's just me. and ...
    musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Re: D3 Springs and New Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    well, in all actuality that car doesn't even look lowered. maybe it's just me.

and for the OP... there are soooo many other wheels options i would've gone with other than these.

starting with the stocks.

don't like it at all. it looks like you didn't even break $1000 on wheels and tires. just looks cheapy.

sorry.
    So how do you really feel? LOL

Mark

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I hate to even get in on this can of worms. I think Chopmeats car with the cut springs is just a tad high. I think that it will look better with the D3 lowering spring set. I had a bad experience with a set of Eibach springs and Eibach front & rear sway bar combination that I won't even go there. I think that the D3 crew hit the nail on the head and got the spring sets about as perfect as one could get. I like the OP's car and am going to refrain from commenting on the rims. If it makes him happy that's the name of the game. I think that I will be getting sprung by D3 but it is going to have to wait until a get a good start on the performance end on my car. I sort of want Kook's headers on my car and it looks like it might be a tough fight for ground clearance with the 2.
    I think that we are very fortunate that we do have a supporting vendor / supplier that went the extra mile and got it all right for us all.

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Dr Design,
    If the V in you pic is lowered thaen somethn is really wrong with the Springs I received because my V sits lower than the one you've shown. It is too late now but I will tae some pics tomorrow and post.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumseeker View Post
    Dr Design,
    If the V in you pic is lowered thaen somethn is really wrong with the Springs I received because my V sits lower than the one you've shown. It is too late now but I will tae some pics tomorrow and post.
    looking forward to seeing the pics !

v4meinsandiego is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    well, in all actuality that car doesn't even look lowered. maybe it's just me.

and for the OP... there are soooo many other wheels options i would've gone with other than these.

starting with the stocks.

don't like it at all. it looks like you didn't even break $1000 on wheels and tires. just looks cheapy.

sorry.
    Have you ever heard the old saying "If you don't have anything good to say to not say it at all?" I personally don't care how you feel and it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least way but it may be worth considering how it may make others feel in the future before posting comments that offer absolutely no value to the OP. Its called tact for future reference. Perhaps you never learned concept but its time you do. BTW add your V photos for future reference to gain some credibility because your V must be "that" good and I would love to see it. Otherwise

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumseeker View Post
    Dr Design,
    Lower? Hmmmm... Now this is getting interesting. Looking forward to pics.

mark

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by v4meinsandiego View Post
    Have you ever heard the old saying "If you don't have anything good to say to not say it at all?" I personally don't care how you feel and it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least way but it may be worth considering how it may make others feel in the future before posting comments that offer absolutely no value to the OP. Its called tact for future reference. Perhaps you never learned concept but its time you do. BTW add your V photos for future reference to gain some credibility because your V must be "that" good and I would love to see it. Otherwise
    You seem to act like you're hurt...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You seem to act like you're hurt...
    It may seem like as I read my earlier post but by no means is that the case. I just can't stand posters who hide behind a curtain and talk their smack. If you've got something better then I can see making some case for that but otherwise I just don't get it. Its simply a pet peeve of mine to see on forums and it frosts me whether it be something I wrote or anybody else writes and people do this.

It may seem like as I read my earlier post but by no means is that the case. I just can't stand posters who hide behind a curtain and talk their smack. If you've got something better then I can see making some case for that but otherwise I just don't get it. Its simply a pet peeve of mine to see on forums and it frosts me whether it be something I wrote or anybody else writes and people do this.
    Yeah, but tony tone isn't behind a curtain. He has a V1 and has shown plenty of pics on those forums...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Yeah, but tony tone isn't behind a curtain. He has a V1 and has shown plenty of pics on those forums...
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this a v2 forum? If so more to my point.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this a v2 forum? If so more to my point.
    When did San Diego become part of Mexico? There are no restrictions as to where one can visit and post. And if you think one can't form an opinion on something because he doesn't own it, then I feel sorry for you...

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

my first comment was for the guy who cut his springs, not you. you can notice after the fact how i addressed you directly. your car does look low, it's the wheels that are an atrocious choice for this car.

i'm the last one to hide behind a curtain. you came here to express your car and your new wheels. i provided my opinion and that was all. there was no intention to hurt your feelings.

here are a few shots of my V as you requested:

and here's a close-up of the wheel

the car sits a good inch lower in the rear since this shoot. i hope you can approve.

Ferny is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

homerun for tony!! lol....once again tony, you have thee nicest V1 i have seen! oops, was i not suppose to post in the V2 forum???

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

thanks for the compliments ferny!

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Funny thing I noticed, many people on the internet who've given me sh*t in the past don't even own a CTS-V!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.