D3 Springs and New Wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, D3 Springs and New Wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Springs also have to settle if they're new....
    paul34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: D3 Springs and New Wheels

Springs also have to settle if they're new.

Nine Ball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, 07 Escalade (sold), 08 CTS DI (sold)

I'm not liking the wheels at all. They look kind of low budget for such a nice car. Forged wheels would have been better, just my opinion.

Tuan_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Is you car Thunder Grey? Bc the first pictures of your car looks like a dark metallic grey, looks great!

v4meinsandiego is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan_CTSV View Post
    Is you car Thunder Grey? Bc the first pictures of your car looks like a dark metallic grey, looks great!
    Thunder Grey. I love the color. It changes from day to night and has a beautiful metallic in it. One of the best colors I have owned in years. But then again, I am partial.

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by chopmeat View Post
    After waiting so long for these, I not getting them.
    The rear is too low, it doesn't look right.
    I know I'm gonna start a big fight here, but I cut my springs and I think it still has a rake and it's better looking...
    Sorry, but this looks jacked. That is a crazy rake. The V2 is not an old Nova!

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Well Remo, that was pretty dumb.
    The springs were cut VERY VERY LITTLE, it has that rake from STOCK.
    Look at your car.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I do believe there is a odd rake even in stock. Either it was engineered that way or the rear fender covers more of the wheel than the front and gives the "appearance" of looking lower. Some springs settle after install and some don't. Eibach's always settle, Road Magnets' are already "pre-tensioned" ?? to not have further sag after install. All brands are different. Now the real debate to me would be the Eibach's for the CTS vs these D3's for the CTS-V. Problem is that everytime I had eibach's they were always stiffer n' heck. Even stiffer than comparable springs that dropped a vehicle lower....for ie here is a pic of the eibach springs on the cts-v....

^ now alot of you might see the eibach's as being a better "look" BUT also remember that they were not proven on the V. The D3 springs were put through rigourous testing. I can guarantee you 100000x % that even if eibach did put out a spring for the V it still wouldnt have the testing time behind it like D3.

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Well Remo, that was pretty dumb.
    The springs were cut VERY VERY LITTLE, it has that rake from STOCK.
    Look at your car.
    I might be dumb, that's debatable. However, it looks like you just chopped the front springs and accentuated the rake. There is a bit of a rake stock, but not much. Here is another pick of someone's stock V2 on the forum. Not near the rake you have in your V.

Some people really like the raked look. IMO I would not want to increase the rake. That's the thing with modding. You do what you like. If that's what you like great.

rake will affect high speed control. If the vehicle is not level and your @ss is up than during a turn your rear will sway unproportionatly to your front

chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'd rather have a car that has a rake look than one that looks like it's A$$ is dragging on the floor. Not only is it ghetto low life looking but it looks like there is something wrong with the rear and it's hitting the ground.
    D3 F**ked up IMO.

v4meinsandiego is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'd rather have a car that has a rake look than one that looks like it's A$$ is dragging on the floor. Not only is it ghetto low life looking but it looks like there is something wrong with the rear and it's hitting the ground.
    D3 F**ked up IMO.
    What are you talking about? I completely disagree with your feeling about rake on a car and how to go about lowering a vehicle. Talk about ghetto, you cut your springs But whatever floats your boat, its your car afterall and everybody is entitled to their opinion whether I agree with it or not.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Can't we all just rake along...LOL.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Post Re: D3 Springs and New Wheels

I think the angle of ChopMeat's photos throw off how much rake his car really has (about the same as a stock V).

To me the bigger problem is the way the fenders are curved relative to the wheels on the V. Compared to the S5 or M5, the V just doesn't look as good when it's lowered - there's too much space in front of and behind the wheels. It's very noticeable when the car is lowered a lot and I think it makes the car look longer when viewed from the side.

For some reason they never seem to get this just right...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.