Anyone try LEDs for Front Turn Signals and DRLs? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Anyone try LEDs for Front Turn Signals and DRLs? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; u know when you run out of your common sense, you tend to turn to insults. u should pray for ...
    thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Anyone try LEDs for Front Turn Signals and DRLs?

u know when you run out of your common sense, you tend to turn to insults. u should pray for yourself, cos you need all the help the good Lord can bestow on you.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    I just installed LED's (LEDlight.com) for the fogs and got to say... I love them. The amount of light emminating is amazing over OEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpouls1 View Post
    ^^^pic's please
    +2 - Yes, need some pics ...

Rob

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

thebigjimsho was probably referring to the fact that in this country, anyone who runs into the back of someone else is, by definition, at fault unless unusual circumstances are involved (such as being pushed into someone else by a driver who runs into your back side). Changing lanes is not illegal except immediately after making a turn on to a multilane road. You can then change lanes anytime as long as you don't create a problem for other vehicles in doing so. The idea that anyone would sue someone who changed lanes legally and expected to win, but did not have active DRLs, is preposterous.

BeagleBrains is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe

thebigjimsho has demanded that I base my information about mandating DRLs on fact. Well; I cannot believe myself! I believed the Dealer statement. GOOGLE provides many sources for DISABLING DRLs.
    http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html First off, as of May 2008, there are no Federal laws in the US that mandate DRLs on passenger vehicles. If your dealer refuses to disconnect your DRLs, saying that "they're a mandatory safety item," then your dealer is lying.
    The National Motorists Association is aggressively against DRL installation.
    http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html#GMgen GM General Information
    It may help you to know that if you plan on ordering a new General Motors car or truck, but don't want DRLs, you don't have to have them. Simply insist that the car be ordered with RPO T62. RPO means "Regular Production Option" T62 "Lamp System Daytime Running - Delete."
    I am always irked with drivers on the road at dusk and dawn, under very marginal sunlight conditions, driving with no lighting. Driving a Corvette to work (or the "V") I look for the opportunity to pass a slow driver. I take extra care when scoping the oncoming lane for traffic. Those driving without lights are nearly invisible , especially if there is a slight haze in the air. DRLs are some compensation for avoiding a head-on collission.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

DRL's are stupid, nanny-state crap. If I want my park lights on during the day, I'll turn them on. For about 80 years of motoring, everyone was fine without them.

Seatbelt chimes are in the same category. I can make my own decision, thanks, now I'll cut the wire to this f-ing binger speaker.

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess ill put my Nickle in.

DRL: I agree. I think it would be cool if the DRL were a brighter LED to match the color of the Pipes and or the Main HID. Any part numbers anyone found that would just plug in?

The Turn Signals: Do you guys think there would be a way to keep them lit all the time along with the DRL (in the same color) and still blink when needed? Maybe a bit inginuitive wiring? Any problem changing turn color with DOT?

Main HID: I would actually like to see all the lights work the Turns, DRL and the Main Beams, all three in the stack to light together. As well as the Pipes, I think that would be hot.

Fog lights: Definitely a brighter LED replacement would be better than the stock and much less work then installing HID replacements as some guys have done here.

What do you think?

Stumeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    +2 - Yes, need some pics ...

Rob
    +3...

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

I did the often-mentioned HOEN bulb upgrade on my fog lights and I'm pretty happy with it. The color match to the main HIDs is pretty good, but there's no question in my mind that the HOENs put out less light that the OEM bulbs down there. For that reason I'm strongly considering giving the LED fog bulbs a try. WFO, how's the LED fog light color match to the main HIDs? Should be very good, but like others I'd love to see some pics!

As for DRLs, I don't have strong feelings about them one way or another. I currently have mine permanently off (by pulling the two fuses), but that's only because I hate the yellowish color of them on the front of these cars. If it was possible to do an easy LED swap on those I'd happily have them back on.

Stumeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

[QUOTE=IBNR;2245101]I did the often-mentioned HOEN bulb upgrade on my fog lights and I'm pretty happy with it. The color match to the main HIDs is pretty good, but there's no question in my mind that the HOENs put out less light that the OEM bulbs down there. For that reason I'm strongly considering giving the LED fog bulbs a try. WFO, how's the LED fog light color match to the main HIDs? Should be very good, but like others I'd love to see some pics!

QUOTE]

Yes, considerably less light! Now that is is summer, the brightness is not SO important yet, but by this winter, it the HID's do not work out, I might put the stock back in!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoder View Post
    u know when you run out of your common sense, you tend to turn to insults. u should pray for yourself, cos you need all the help the good Lord can bestow on you.
    Oh yes, because DRLs equal taillights. Because cars coming at you are in the same lane as you. Because seeing a car coming out you is the same as being behind one. Because DRLs warn you of oncoming cars better than the cars themselves. That's why all the cars on the road that don't have DRLs aren't as safe.

Dimming taillights so that they are harder to see is indeed a safety hazard since people behind you DEPEND on that to decide when to stop. DRLs carry no such safety benefits. Again, if you have so little common sense so as to not understand simple physics, then you are hopeless and clueless to a very high degree.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.