Getting FREE polished wheels courtesy of GM due to wheel clicking issue... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Getting FREE polished wheels courtesy of GM due to wheel clicking issue... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by caddiedrummer As others have said if based on my car (with polished) at 10k miles polished wheels ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Re: Getting FREE polished wheels courtesy of GM due to wheel clicking issue...

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    As others have said if based on my car (with polished) at 10k miles polished wheels ain't gonna fix it and I cannot believe they said that was a fix--really stupid. There must be a fix--seems simple . Maybe pads but going from painted to polished is moronic.(except you will get nicer wheels)
    It seems that GM's engineers don't know what the problem is and don't have a fix. They don't want to buy my car back, so they are stalling by offering me the polished wheels in hopes that they will have figured out a fix by the time I get the wheels mounted on the car.

I can't believe that GM didn't have this problem while they did extensive testing before they released the vehicle to the general public. I am sure the problem came up. They just couldn't or didn't hear the clicking noise. Heck, I could hear it and feel it with the windows up and radio on.

SG

Vlakaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by chopmeat View Post
    I wash my car every 2 to 3 days and am a real anal nutcase with the wheels.
    I never had the clicking.
    Do you think it's all brake dust?
    I wash my car at least twice a week and I clean/wash the wheels almost after every other drive to keep the brake dust from baking on... and the clicking is still there.

I will have the dealer look at the clicking once I take the car in for the 1st oil change.

zevee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v09

I had clicking only turning Left, dealer fixed it by cleaning break dust .http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s/confused.gif
    Any info on ceramic pads?

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet View Post
    Have you guys ever looked at the lower control arm to see if it moves under load... which would be at full left or full right. Early on, the SVT Lightning had issues with a clunk when at full left or full right. This was due to slotted mounting holes in the lower control arms and the round bolt not being tight enough. The fix was a couple different things... you could weld them in position, increase the torque on the bolt, add a star washer and torque down, or get a washer kit that has a male end that is oval (to fit in the slot) and has a hole in the middle. The last item was the ultimate fix. The CTS-V may have the same issue.
    They replaced my control arm an the clicking has not returned yet - 1,200 miles since the fix.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Huh - sounds like the control arm is the answer. I would bet that it is moving around and causing the clunk which explains why it is only happening in turns when it sees all the load. Easy fix for this!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.