White Diamond paint splotchy - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, White Diamond paint splotchy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It would be my guess that the reason that you see more orange peel in the black is that it ...
    Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Re: White Diamond paint splotchy

It would be my guess that the reason that you see more orange peel in the black is that it is not a premium paint, and does not have an extra $950 price tag attached to it. I think that black is the only non premium paint and all of the others, diamond white, crystal red, tin or tri-coat blue, and thunder grey, are premium paints and are better processed, and therefore, very little orange peel. Just a guess on my part though. It would also be my guess that the paint jobs turned out at the first of the year are better than they are now in general.

jskv12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1971 Eldorado Conv., 2009 CTS V

Gary, you may be right although I think the added cost for the other colors is because they are mettalic paints. This incidently is an excellent technique for hiding orange peel as the mettalic flecks in the paint reflect the light and do not allow the eye to perceive the orange peel as easily. Flat paints are much less forgiving especially dark colors.

Jeff

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I am sure that you are correct, and I also think that the added cost is due to the metallic paint, which has always been more costly, but I think that any manufacturing entity would expect to spend more time avoiding and / or removing any defects that happens with their standard paint. Couple that to the fact that they are not doing real well financially and I think that we see a picture emerging. I would bet that if you go find examples of paint processing done in the first of the year and compare it to examples of their paint process currently, I think that there might be a definite difference. It would be interesting to put individual manufacturing dates to particular cars and compare them. Or month by month. Sort of a visual statistical analysis, if you will.

lavaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, White, Auto, all options (Traded for a Tahoe)

My White Diamond is "Splotchy". (Built 04/09)

It is most apparent on the side surfaces but not limited to them. To a lesser degree, I can also see it on the trunk, roof and hood.

I wonder if this is the desired effect??

I am not bothered by it, but can see how some would be.

CADYSHAK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Thanks for the clarification .
    CADYSHAK

suaveflooder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I'm going to bump this this thread and bring it back to the dead (sorry). For those who chose to leave the paint, have the splotches gone away or become more faint? I have a 2013 FRS whiteout (pearl white) that I just had some body work done on. Color is PERFECT, other than some splotches in direct sunlight at certain angles (it really is hard work to see them, lol. I just have a good eye for color) I figured that after 5 years, someone would know if the splothes go away or deminish. Either way, the color is a DEAD match, so I don't want to have them fix it for fear of it not turning out as well. It'll always bug me, but truthfully, unless I point it out, it's not something ANYONE else will ever see.

Help would be great

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have a 2011 White Diamond. Never been waxed. Still looks perfect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.