Keeping Polished wheels clean? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Keeping Polished wheels clean? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; [quote=Vlakaz;1869376] Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony Your CTS-Vs polished wheels are clearcoated, just like your paint.QUOTE] I didn't know that. ...
    Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Re: Keeping Polished wheels clean?

[quote=Vlakaz;1869376]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Your CTS-Vs polished wheels are clearcoated, just like your paint.QUOTE]

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! I will stick to using car soap and I might give some wax a try and see if that helps. I was just worried that the heat coming off the brakes might bake the wax onto the wheels and ruin them.
    Yikes... make sure to HEAVILY coat them with wax and you will need to do this each time you wash now. No wheels are made today that you need to use aluminum polish, or any other polish on. This is for those that *strip" their factory wheels and just polish them to get rid of the corrosion.
    Please keep an eye on your wheels now and make sure that you look for the white spider webbing effect that corrosion does. This will typically work from the inside (back of wheel) to the front (side you always see).

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

If you guys ever get your wheels coated any other colors use 'PVD' coating. The stuff is so d@mn durable. I clean my wheels with simple green and paper towel not even a scratch. Now try that with clearcoated wheels

FreddyG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

I bought some stuff from Discount Tire called wheel wax and it works Great!

If you clean the wheels with soap, water and dry them with a leaf blower/microfiber towel combo, then put the wheel wax on, they'll be easier to clean up for the next couple of months.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.