Llumar Tint and Paint Protection on my Black V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Llumar Tint and Paint Protection on my Black V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys, I just had my car tinted with 10% Llumar tint and had a custom paint protection done on ...
    Tuan_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Llumar Tint and Paint Protection on my Black V

Hey guys,

I just had my car tinted with 10% Llumar tint and had a custom paint protection done on it with Llumar clear film. I had the front bumper, 1/4 of the hood, a little part of both fenders, the side mirrors , and the rear bumper on top done. Overall, I'm really pleased with the work done on it. I opted to get a pre-cut for the car and I had my guy custom cut everything on the car. Here are some pictures:

Car with the Tint:

Start of the Paint Protection:

Finish product:

I can't wash the car for a couple of days. I have to let everything cure. And also it's been raining none stop here, so it'll be sometime next week until I can clean up the car and get some better shots of everything. Enjoy guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: Llumar Tint and Paint Protection on my Black V

I'm getting the same thing done but with 3M product. Did you get the rockers done? I see a ton of road rash happening on the rear rocker and rear corner of the door.

Looks good, good luck with it. Dark tint, nice!

I did not get the rocker done. I was thinking about it. Maybe I'll come back to do it. The time it took what I did now took almost all day.

Thanks for the compliments!

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

My rear rockers got pretty trashed after a few road coarse weekends in mine. I wish i would have put on more than what the factory did in that one little section. It got peppered pretty bad.

I don't foresee going to the road course very often with this car. But I'm sure the roads we all drive on are not very clean of debris. I will most likely do the rockers for piece of mind. Thanks for your input.

Caddyscat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto

If you don't mind me asking, is Llumar different from other tint? How much did you pay for everything? I (hopefully) should be taking delivery in July. Tint is a MUST.

Thanks,
    Ed

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Get the rockers done ASAP... you will be shocked at how fast these will get chewed up. mine is getting done before I even get the car off the dealers lot. This is a must do... more so than the front bumper of the car.

Llumar is one of the best tint you can get for your car IMO. They are backed by a lifetime warranty with their products. The tint job was about $150.00 for the 10%. And the paint protection was $650.00. The Llumar film for the paint protection was really good stuff. My guy who uses it asked me to try and rip a strip of the paint protection film, I tried a few times and it did not tear or rip. I was really impressed.

check it out...
    http://www.llumar.com/en/AutoPaintProtection.aspx

Caddyscat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto

Talking Re: Llumar Tint and Paint Protection on my Black V

Awesome Tuan! Thanks for the link! Found my local installer.

NeedCTS-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...

Looking good man!

Tasos is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade Ext

Does the Llumar PP have a UV inhibitor or is it Ventureshield? I have heard to avoid the UV inhibitor protection. Also, what about 3M paint protection? Not seen it in person but have heard a couple of good and one bad review. Anyone with experience in 3M products?

AuPanda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I had the FormulaOne tint used on mine. Used their Pinnacle series which has UV reduction as well as safe to use with all electronics. I also had the clear UV protection put on the windshield so I don't have to carry around or hassle with a sun screen.
    http://www.formulaone.com/
    Used Lamini-X for the paint protection. I had used a 3M product on my corvette but noticed discoloration after about 18 months. The 3M was also a lot thicker than the Lamini-X which I didn't particularly like.
    http://www.lamin-x.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet View Post
    Get the rockers done ASAP... you will be shocked at how fast these will get chewed up. mine is getting done before I even get the car off the dealers lot. This is a must do... more so than the front bumper of the car.
    Without question. Get the rockers done and the lower rear portion of the rear doors. That is the area getting most abused on these cars.

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Any body have a good contact in Lower NY for the Paint protection. My dealler did not have someone but My infinity dealer for my wife's M35 has a guy for $889.00 does front , mirrors and back bumper. For that money i would want to see the rockers and some of the forward fender flares and up hood abit

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-N-V View Post
    Any body have a good contact in Lower NY for the Paint protection. My dealler did not have someone but My infinity dealer for my wife's M35 has a guy for $889.00 does front , mirrors and back bumper. For that money i would want to see the rockers and some of the forward fender flares and up hood abit

That's a bit steep. I am getting 3M done, and my price is $950. That included full hood, front part of fenders, all front clip, mirrors and rockers and lower portion of doors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.