Interior Fit and Finish?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Interior Fit and Finish? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey folks, I hope this isn't a repeat topic (I did search) but I was wondering how the overall interior ...
    NeedCTS-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...

Interior Fit and Finish?

Hey folks,

I hope this isn't a repeat topic (I did search) but I was wondering how the overall interior fit and finish is in your car.

1 minor thing that I've noticed is that the speaker grills do not sit flush in my car. This is noticeable on both the center channel and driver side speakers (one side sits higher than the other/not flush). I'm assuming that this is 5 minute fix but I have not tried yet. Does anyone else have this issue with their speaker covers?

Does anyone else have any weird fit and finish issues worth noting?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

Re: Interior Fit and Finish?

I have not had any problems with the fit and finish of the speaker grills, but I did have the "carbon fiber" trim piece left of the shifter start to raise up a bit (by 1-2mm) and the passenger side b pillar wasn't flush to the roof in comparison to the drivers side (by 3-4mm). I can be a bit anal retentive sometimes.... Both have been taken care of by the dealer and are fine now. Out side of those two fitment issues, the interior has been flawless.

I'm wondering if they (speaker grills) are a dealer prep thing and not a defect of the molding process then. I will say that it isn't really a subtle mis-alignment, there is a clear gap between the dash and leading edge of the cover.

In any event I'm going to pull them off tonight and see what I can see.

pmsteinm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)

I haven't noticed anything on the interior, but on the exterior, I noticed the driver's door isn't quite flush with the passenger door at about door handle height. Something probably just needs to be adjusted, and I'll get it done the first time I have the car in, probably for my first set of rear tires.

I doubt they are a dealer prep item, I just went down to take a a couple of pictures of them for comparison. They are a little large, so it might take a bit for them to show up....

Direct links:
    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7096/dsc01852e.jpg http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6221/dsc01852zri.jpg http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/932/dsc01854c.jpg http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1811/dsc01855vhc.jpg http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3784/dsc01857a.jpg

If you are not able to figure it out tonight, you might want to just make an appointment with Covert Cadillac and they should be able to get it taken care of with out a hassle. My experience with their service department has only been first rate.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for going through all of the trouble to takes those pics!!!

Yours are definitely straighter than mine. I will not have time to look at them tonight actually but tomorrow for sure.

Thanks again!

Not a problem, just glad to help.

Vlakaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by NeedCTS-v View Post
    Hey folks,

I hope this isn't a repeat topic (I did search) but I was wondering how the overall interior fit and finish is in your car.

1 minor thing that I've noticed is that the speaker grills do not sit flush in my car. This is noticeable on both the center channel and driver side speakers (one side sits higher than the other/not flush). I'm assuming that this is 5 minute fix but I have not tried yet. Does anyone else have this issue with their speaker covers?

Does anyone else have any weird fit and finish issues worth noting?

Thanks!

I've noticed the space/gap between the front dash and the doors doesn't seem to be consistant from driver to passenger side on some V's I've seen.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I haven't gone over the interior with a fine-toothed comb yet on my car, but don't see any obvious fit and finish issues other than:
    a) the Ultraview pop noted by others in another thread....very intermittent
    b) if you push on the center console piece with the analog clock, it squeaks. Luckily, it doesn't rattle. I'm going to be installing wait4me's DVD/navi bypass soon and may place some extra felt back there while that panel is off to avoid a potential future rattle.

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

I'm not happy with the fit and finish of this interior and have a few issues that I need to get to the dealer for. The passenger side pillar between front and rear doors: gap at the top. My driver side seat squeaks and makes noise which is very annoying. Maybe I'm anal retentive too, but this is a "Cadillac" - GM's premier line, and I thought the quality would be better. No issues like this whith my Z06 so I'm surprised about this car.
    On a side note.... the ghost lights or whatever you want to call them that light up under the carbon fiber strips at night. Does the small one to the left of the radio and right of the steering column light up? If so, mine's burnt out and needs to be replaced.

Thanks,
    Mark

The section between the steering wheel and the radio doesn't light up. I would guess because it is blocked from view for the most part.

So, today I went to an audio installer to have my radar detector hardwired and my windows tinted (looks much better btw) and they went ahead and straightened out the speakers for me (it would have been easy enough to do but since I was already there).

Other than that no obvious fit and finish issues that I've seen.

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by digital1021 View Post
    The section between the steering wheel and the radio doesn't light up. I would guess because it is blocked from view for the most part.
    Thank you for letting me know. Now I know she "ain't" broke :-)

If you don't mind me asking, which audio installer did you take the car to, I have been toying with the idea of tinting the windows. I love the way a tinted black car looks, but I also like the amount of light that I get in the car, makes it feel open. Previously I had a car tinted at Custom Sounds back in 2003 and was happy with the work. Glad they got the speaker grills taken care of for you.

Quote Originally Posted by digital1021 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, which audio installer did you take the car to, I have been toying with the idea of tinting the windows. I love the way a tinted black car looks, but I also like the amount of light that I get in the car, makes it feel open. Previously I had a car tinted at Custom Sounds back in 2003 and was happy with the work. Glad they got the speaker grills taken care of for you.
    I went to Custom Sounds on S. Lamar and I'm happy with their work and the price. They did that and the radar hard wire in under 3 hours. It was also an off day for their tint guy, he agreed to come in around my schedule which says a lot by itself. This was the first time I have had dealings with them and I'm happy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.