Interior Fit and Finish? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Interior Fit and Finish? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; my pasenger speaker on the dash is misaligned as well. Irritating Ab...
    aburd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Interior Fit and Finish?

my pasenger speaker on the dash is misaligned as well.
    Irritating
    Ab

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I'm having serious noises with the ultraview when its warm out...creaking, popping, etc. And also dash noise /creaking from the vent right of the nav on the passenger side. Its highly irritating and better get fixed. My jeep srt8 w/ 30k miles didnt ever make so much as a peep. And as someone noted for the "premier line" of gm to make a vehicle with so much noise is very disapointing....either that or some uaw workers decided it wasnt in their interest anymore to make a solid vehicle.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The section between the steering wheel and the radio doesn't light up.
    The lighting you are referring to is called Ambience Lighting. You will note that the section just to the right of the radio also does not light up. The reason has nothing to do with visibility. Both of these sections are directly above the AC outlets on the left and right of the radio. That is the reason that they are not illuminated.

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

Thank you, I do realize that the light the come from beneath the trim is called Ambient Lighting, and also that the area is the same as above the right central A/C vent, and that neither light up. I was just trying to quickly explain that the section in question is not supposed to be lit. But, I am glad you clarified in more detail what I was referring to.

~Matt.

clubho is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2010 EXT, former 09 CTS-V, 06 EXT, 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    I'm having serious noises with the ultraview when its warm out...creaking, popping, etc. And also dash noise /creaking from the vent right of the nav on the passenger side. Its highly irritating and better get fixed. My jeep srt8 w/ 30k miles didnt ever make so much as a peep. And as someone noted for the "premier line" of gm to make a vehicle with so much noise is very disapointing....either that or some uaw workers decided it wasnt in their interest anymore to make a solid vehicle.
    ok i have been looking for somewhere to vent about my fit and finish and finally found this post so here goes my dennis leary rant:

The caddie emblem in the center of the steering wheel is dented.

Both Pillar arms passenger and driver side stick out about 6 mm. I can actually see the metal frame of the car.

The carbon trim pieces next to my shifter are loose.

I have rattles in the headliner above the passenger and in back seat behind the driver. I have had my car in 5 times to fix the rattle and no dice yet. This last time in they pulled the entire headliner out and said a brace that went across the top car was cross threaded and not tight and that was causeing the rattle. They tapped the hole and put in an new screw so it's tight and said that would take care of it....nope! Still rattles.

I am so frustrated i want a new car. That along with some electrical issues that are screwy...see my sun roof post if you are interested...

I guess I expected more. I can't beleive I actually miss my 05 CTSV because everything worked on that one...i obviously like evreything about the new one if everything on the new one worked, you know?

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

lol, lucky 2010 V owners will have their V's by non-union workers....meaning they'll actually be working

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by clubho View Post
    ok i have been looking for somewhere to vent about my fit and finish and finally found this post so here goes my dennis leary rant:

The caddie emblem in the center of the steering wheel is dented.

Both Pillar arms passenger and driver side stick out about 6 mm. I can actually see the metal frame of the car.

The carbon trim pieces next to my shifter are loose.

I have rattles in the headliner above the passenger and in back seat behind the driver. I have had my car in 5 times to fix the rattle and no dice yet. This last time in they pulled the entire headliner out and said a brace that went across the top car was cross threaded and not tight and that was causeing the rattle. They tapped the hole and put in an new screw so it's tight and said that would take care of it....nope! Still rattles.

I am so frustrated i want a new car. That along with some electrical issues that are screwy...see my sun roof post if you are interested...

I guess I expected more. I can't beleive I actually miss my 05 CTSV because everything worked on that one...i obviously like evreything about the new one if everything on the new one worked, you know?
    \&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

seattle, . . . . .

splains lots, Lucey

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

seattle, . . . . .

splains lots, Lucey
    I guess I don't understand your post. Maybe I am missing something and if so sorry for the next statment but if not perhaps you don't have anything of value to offer and just like posting junk. I am looking for insight. If anyone has similar problems how were they fixed?

Oh and you can now add the clicking wheel syndrome to my car. 6000 miles.

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Ok I thought i would chime in with my list:

Of course i have the annoying pop of the Sunroof. Anyone get that fixed yet?

Piece of rug on driver side left kick panel hangs out. Does not stay in when i place it back. Some glue maybe?

Larger gap at dashboard/driver's door as opposed to passenger side. not much you can do about that barring a whole dash realignment.

Recaro drivers seat slightly loose. Have not felt it in the passenger side when my wife drives. I guess i could tighten it up as another poster has noted but hell with that, let the Dealer do it.

Found some loose sensor under the hood and a piece of plastic around the hood latch loose. Think they were an assembly of the two. Fixed that when i did my T-Stat.
    Which i still have the engine light on because of that. Jesse??

Other than the entire Bling of plastic chrome and chain link fence grill. I love the car. I was wondering if you could lightly wet sand the fake chrome and it would look well like brushed chrome??? i want to do that Black chrome but i am sure it is way expensive. Maybe a film of some sort would work.

That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-N-V View Post
    Ok I thought i would chime in with my list:

Of course i have the annoying pop of the Sunroof. Anyone get that fixed yet?

Piece of rug on driver side left kick panel hangs out. Does not stay in when i place it back. Some glue maybe?

Larger gap at dashboard/driver's door as opposed to passenger side. not much you can do about that barring a whole dash realignment.

Recaro drivers seat slightly loose. Have not felt it in the passenger side when my wife drives. I guess i could tighten it up as another poster has noted but hell with that, let the Dealer do it.

Found some loose sensor under the hood and a piece of plastic around the hood latch loose. Think they were an assembly of the two. Fixed that when i did my T-Stat.
    Which i still have the engine light on because of that. Jesse??

Other than the entire Bling of plastic chrome and chain link fence grill. I love the car. I was wondering if you could lightly wet sand the fake chrome and it would look well like brushed chrome??? i want to do that Black chrome but i am sure it is way expensive. Maybe a film of some sort would work.

That's about it.
    What I know:
    sunroof: I am still waiting to hear if someone else has a fix...mine is more like a clunk and rattle.

Seats: mine rocked back and forth something fierce when you step on the gas or brake hard. The dealer did a fix from the factory where they replaced something in the actual hinge of the seat and it is much better now. I will warn you it is not solid and they said it will move a bit becuase it was designed that way. I sitll think it's BS as I am 6'2" 225lbs and it rocks when I am in it but not if I have a smaller friend get in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.