Will Buy Your 09 CTS V Wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Will Buy Your 09 CTS V Wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have the 08 CTS (with the boring 17" OEM wheels), and I'm in love with the 09 CTS-V wheels. ...
    08CTSAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

Will Buy Your 09 CTS V Wheels

I have the 08 CTS (with the boring 17" OEM wheels), and I'm in love with the 09 CTS-V wheels. If anyone decided to switch out their OEM wheels then I'd love the opportunity to make a competitive offer for them. At this point, finding these wheels has been difficult.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Will Buy Your 09 CTS V Wheels

Try leaving a message for forum member Ketzer (<-----click the name).

He had a set of the 19" Polished Wheels for sale, and I don't know if he ever sold them or not.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Try leaving a message for forum member Ketzer (<-----click the name).

He had a set of the 19" Polished Wheels for sale, and I don't know if he ever sold them or not.
    Thank you for the recommendation - I have actually been in contact with him. I think there are a few members ahead of me for his wheels though, so I'm still on the market. Willing to make an extremely competitive offer to anyone else interested...

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

I'm the guy ahead of you......sorry.

Last I heard he found scratches on his wheels from when the dealer switched tires. The dealer was going to fix them....last I heard. I assume that is happening and we will hear from him when they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    I'm the guy ahead of you......sorry.

Last I heard he found scratches on his wheels from when the dealer switched tires. The dealer was going to fix them....last I heard. I assume that is happening and we will hear from him when they are done.
    Haha, that's quite allright - I can appreciate a fellow admirer of those wheels. It's only fair that I wait my turn. Are you also putting them on a CTS? I'd love to see pics when you do.

Richie18 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by 08CTSAWD View Post
    Haha, that's quite allright - I can appreciate a fellow admirer of those wheels. It's only fair that I wait my turn. Are you also putting them on a CTS? I'd love to see pics when you do.
    He's using them for snow tires i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie18 View Post
    He's using them for snow tires i believe.
    haha snow tires - coolest 19" snow tires ever. I'm new to this forum but I can already tell I'm gonna love it.

I was going to use them to mount "cold weather" tires for my V, not necessarily snow tires. I don't run the car in snow, but even in the cold the PS2s are like hockey pucks on ice. If you drive in the winter at all, you need different tires than stock.

Oh, and had you seen my signature on my post, you would have seen I have an 09 V

I was going to use them to mount "cold weather" tires for my V, not necessarily snow tires. I don't run the car in snow, but even in the cold the PS2s are like hockey pucks on ice. If you drive in the winter at all, you need different tires than stock.

Oh, and had you seen my signature on my post, you would have seen I have an 09 V
    So you own an 09 V and you're buying another set of 09 wheels before little ol' me can have just one beautiful set of angular raised 5-V spoke wheels?! The wheel-lovin' fool in me thinks that's selfish, but you were here first so what can I say... Hope it's not too long before another set comes my way - I'm going through several sources so I'm optimistic.

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

I'll chime in with a little info,
    Service department said my wheels are ready. BUT he said they didn't get a full re-finish . Some nonesense about pre-existing scratches and the labor involved in the complete re-work. This is the complete opposite of the agreement/impression he gave me when I dropped them off.
    I'm planning a trip by tomorrow, I'm not optimistic.

Jeff-

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    I'll chime in with a little info,
    Service department said my wheels are ready. BUT he said they didn't get a full re-finish . Some nonesense about pre-existing scratches and the labor involved in the complete re-work. This is the complete opposite of the agreement/impression he gave me when I dropped them off.
    I'm planning a trip by tomorrow, I'm not optimistic.

Jeff-
    GM polished aluminum wheels are clearcoated, just like your paint. The scratches should come out with a wet sand and buff, and possibly a new application of clear. Unless they gouged the wheels that is, in which case they need professional refinishing.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 08CTSAWD View Post
    So you own an 09 V and you're buying another set of 09 wheels before little ol' me can have just one beautiful set of angular raised 5-V spoke wheels?! The wheel-lovin' fool in me thinks that's selfish, but you were here first so what can I say...

First come, first served bro. Do you know how much hassle it is each year to unmount, remount, unmount remount winter/summer tires? Too much hassle.

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    GM polished aluminum wheels are clearcoated, just like your paint. The scratches should come out with a wet sand and buff, and possibly a new application of clear. Unless they gouged the wheels that is, in which case they need professional refinishing.
    Thanks Tony. I'm sure the wheel guy they out-source to has prolly made the wheels look really good. It was hard to tell if some of the scratches were only clearcoat deep. It's amazing what a good detail guy can do.
    My real beef is a change of tone from the service writer. He made it clear when it happened he would take care of me. It gave me confidence in the whole dealership, I came away feeling very positive about the whole deal. Today's conversation and excuses made me wary, I don't want to feel that way about my Caddy service. I'm sure it will all work out though.

Jeff-

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

For every crappy vehicle service you get from one dealer there will be another dealer willing to go the extra mile. Especially in these rough times.

First come, first served bro. Do you know how much hassle it is each year to unmount, remount, unmount remount winter/summer tires? Too much hassle.
    No I understand what you're saying - of course, you could always get a nice set of aftermarket 18s, maybe some 17s...something more suitable for winter driving. that way you can leave the actual 19" summer tires to us crazy fools who use them for...summer tires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.