09 cts-v wheels & tires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 09 cts-v wheels & tires in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It was noted by darjae that Michelin PS2s (even the non-run flats) are not cheap tires. As an example, even ...
    tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 09 cts-v wheels & tires

It was noted by darjae that Michelin PS2s (even the non-run flats) are not cheap tires. As an example, even at Tire Rack these tires range from $188 to $577 a tire. A full set of four tires at $577 apiece would be over $2300. Not cheap.

It should also be noted that the Michelin designation for run-flats, not of the Michelin PAX type, is ZP (not PZ) for zero pressure. Currently the only PS2 ZP tire offered by Michelin in the same size and service rating as provided on the CTS-V for 2009 is the rear tire at $535 a tire at Tire Rack. There is currently no equivalent front tire available in a non-PAX run-flat in the Michelin brand.

Last but not least, CadV is correct. When have you ever seen anyone wanting to go to a smaller rim?

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My salesman also told me that my car has run-flat tires which, of course, it doesn't. While this information is obviously a carry over from the 2004 -2007 CTS-V, which did come with run-flats, it is inexcusable that the sales people are misinforming potential customers. I informed my salesman that the 2009 CTS-V does not come with run-flats and he was very surprised. However, he is probably still telling potential customers whatever they prefer to hear (some people like run-flats and other don't) in spite of reality.

Caddyscat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto

$1590.00 a set of OE tires from tirerack. Wowee!

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

Quote Originally Posted by noelvm View Post
    Well this has all be very informative. Thanks for the information. You drive yours the way you want to and I'll drive mine the way I want to.
    Not really sure that we've discussed how we each drive our cars!

larger wheels are preferred for both looks and performance. 19" wheels are stock on the V. Some on this board have moved to 20-21" wheels...

You are the 1st who has stated that you wish to move to 18" (or lower) wheels. That is not logical!! There is absolutely no reason to decrease the wheel size over stock.

If you're concerned about tire cost, you really need to bring your car back to the dealer and beg them to take it back! You bought an ultra-performance sport sedan and are just now worrying about the replacement tires?.....

Tire costs are not going to be the largest maintenance cost in the next 5 years, my 2 cents....

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

I have driven (and rode in) the 09 V multiple times. Regardless of size, necessity, projected wear figures, or appearance it is my personal belief that ANY variance in manufacturer or size currently in any lineup other than the PS2's will leave you with more of a handful to drive.
    I believe that the technology and sizing in the PS2's is being fully utilized in the design of this car.
    My $.02

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

19-inch wheels have occupied a sweet spot aesthetically for me for awhile now and one of the things I really love about our V's is they wear 19's for a reason! No tiny little poser rotors back there

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

One day I hope to have the kind of coin where I can buy a $65K car without knowing everything there is to know about it. One day............

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Oi vey...

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

OMG! The V has 19 inch wheels?!? I had no idea.

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

i fell dumber after reading this thread.

pmsteinm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)

I think I know why some dealers are confusing themselves: on the CTS-V spec page of the CTS brochure it says "extended mobility tires" next to the pictures of the polished and painted wheels. I guess it never got updated, and some sales people never bothered to look at the car...

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

So our tires are not runflats? Is that what I am hearing?

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Here are some Asanti wheels i had pull on. I will have to say that i had some trouble with where the tire sensors were located on the wheels. They needed to be moved back. Also, they sent the wrong lug nuts. The place i took it to took care of the problem, but i am still not happy with Asanti's response to a letter i sent them. Anyway, i am happy with the look even though the car is dirty right now because of all the rain we are having in sunny ca. It suppose to rain all week, ugh. Cecil.........

Quote Originally Posted by musclesbmf View Post
    i fell dumber after reading this thread.
    I fell dumber after posting in it.......twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    So our tires are not runflats? Is that what I am hearing?
    All tires are runflats, it's the rims that can't handle the lack of air in the tires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.