Just ordered LEDs for all interior/exterior lighting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Just ordered LEDs for all interior/exterior lighting in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just ordered LEDs for the interior and exterior of the V. I should have them early next week. I ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Just ordered LEDs for all interior/exterior lighting

I just ordered LEDs for the interior and exterior of the V. I should have them early next week. I will install them the same day I get them. I am sure it is gonna look sweet when it is done.

GM went as far as to do interior lighting at night, LED taillights, 3rd brake light and reverse, but didn't do license plate lighting, glovebox, dome, trunk, under front knee bolsters or underneath the doors. I mean WTF?

I ordered all LEDs in hyper white for all the areas of the car that don't have LEDs. I am trying to decide whether or not to do the front signal lamps that share a space with the DRLs.

SG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

Re: Just ordered LEDs for all interior/exterior lighting

Hopefully, you can get some good pics so that everyone else can get a good idea of what it looks like. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by darjae View Post
    Hopefully, you can get some good pics so that everyone else can get a good idea of what it looks like. Thanks for sharing
    I will take pics of everything when I get them installed. I hope the pics come out as good as they will look in person. From what I have seen so far, the pics come out blurry for some reason, but I will do my best to take pics of them and post them.

I still promise everyone on here pics of the window tint I had done yesterday. What a difference window tint alone makes. Saturday I am having my sunroof tinted 5% as the factory tint on the sunroof isn't dark enough.

SG

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

Have you driven at night with the 15%? Can you still see well? I'm trying to decide what % to do on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by darjae View Post
    Have you driven at night with the 15%? Can you still see well? I'm trying to decide what % to do on mine.
    I drove last night and tonight and I can see just fine out through the window. Other drivers just can't see in.

You can't beat the privacy, staying cool and how much nicer it makes the car look!

SG

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

not wasting any time on your new puppy shawn!!! my wife has a a6 4.2...and i love the interior lighting on it..has lights under every seat, door handle, etc....love that!! the stsv is no comparison.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Do the LEDs work with the theater dimming feature for the dome and other interior lighting or do they just turn off (go dark) without the slow dimming?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Are you gonna do cathodes up on that biatch?

TaVern is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

You can be very cathartic at times...

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by AERO1 View Post
    I just ordered LEDs for the interior and exterior of the V. I should have them early next week. I will install them the same day I get them. I am sure it is gonna look sweet when it is done.

GM went as far as to do interior lighting at night, LED taillights, 3rd brake light and reverse, but didn't do license plate lighting, glovebox, dome, trunk, under front knee bolsters or underneath the doors. I mean WTF?

I ordered all LEDs in hyper white for all the areas of the car that don't have LEDs. I am trying to decide whether or not to do the front signal lamps that share a space with the DRLs.

SG
    So what brand did you go with? For the license plate lights I went with these: http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...oducts_id=1527. They're pretty much the same color temp as the reverse lights, similar to this: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1266789-post1.html (though not as bright--notice how the reverse lamps are overexposed). Looks really subtle and sophisticated--like cold-cathode fluorescent lighting.

What did you choose for the trunk light?

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

SG,

When done can you post part numbers and locations that you ended up changing? It would help us all for ease of ordering the correct bulbs.

Thanks, can't wait to see it.

Also, what type of tint did you get? Ceramic or metallic?

1fstkde,

As hot as it has been in L.A. lately, the window tint is so nice to have.

GM did a nice job of having LED lighting in the car at night when you are driving. There are LEDs that light up the foot wells, door handles, center stack and general areas, but they left a bunch of lights with the standard incandescent type.

readyact,

I just installed the LED dome lamps in our 2009 Escalade and the theater dimming feature works just fine on the Escalade. I will let you know after I install them on the V.

GMX322V S/C,

My company has a dealer account with Jam Strait so I got everything from them for our Escalade and the V. I went with the hyper whites for the license plate and all interior lighting. For the trunk light, I went with just a regular white LED. The license plate lights and all other interior lights are 194s. Trunk dome is a 42mm. Jam Strait's lighting is pretty bright and the price I get on them is unbeatable.

Kadonny,

194 for all interior lighting and trunk lamp is a 42mm. For some reason, LED lamp manufacturers go by mm for size of the long dome lamps. I haven't pulled the interior lighting apart, but the dome lamps look like 194 and I am sure the rest of the interior lamps are 194s. You need 13 194 bulbs according to my calculations. 1 in the glove box, 4 for the domes, 4 underneath the actual doors, 2 for both side knee bolsters and 2 for the license plate. Just 1 42mm festoon lamp is needed for the trunk.

Wait to order anything guys until I install, test and verify what you guys need.

I went with Llumar 15% tint that is guaranteed for life against peeling, cracking AND FADING. Most tint companies won't give you a lifetime warranty against fading. It isn't ceramic or metallic. I can ask my tint guy when I go in to get my sunroof tinted.

SG

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Aero1

Thanks for all of the info. I can't wait to hear the results.

Quote Originally Posted by readyact View Post
    Aero1

Thanks for all of the info. I can't wait to hear the results.
    The LEDs are on order and have already shipped to me. I should have them early next week. I will get them installed the same night they get here so I can snap pics and post them up.

SG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.