20% off sale on all 3 piece wheels! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 20% off sale on all 3 piece wheels! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Lets see... 20 wheels, available from 18" to 22" dia, widths from 8" up to at least 10.5 (for the ...
    Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Re: 20% off sale on all 3 piece wheels!

Lets see... 20 wheels, available from 18" to 22" dia, widths from 8" up to at least 10.5 (for the brave), that's 20x5x6=600.
    Dang Craig, you better get busy, you've got 600 boxes to open! ...oh wait, I forgot to include the different finishes. A plain wheel would weigh significantly less than a powder coated wheel...

Jeff-

For those that are truly interested, I will be weighing mine when they arrive and will post weights on new and old. Unfortunately these weighs will be with my digital bathroom scale and will probably not be considered very accurate to all the engineers in the crowd.

edsuski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    Lets see... 20 wheels, available from 18" to 22" dia, widths from 8" up to at least 10.5 (for the brave), that's 20x5x6=600.
    Dang Craig, you better get busy, you've got 600 boxes to open! ...oh wait, I forgot to include the different finishes. A plain wheel would weigh significantly less than a powder coated wheel...:
    Maybe you are right. When spending several thousand dollars on an item for a high performance luxury car - I guess it is too much to expect a little product information above and beyond a picture.........

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

We do understand some people like more information than others. It is certainly not realistic to have all the weights for all the different wheel styles and finishes that are offered. This is why we give a range of what the wheels weight. We provided the range (1.2lbs-1.5lbs) depending on all the variables. To give you an example some wheels have less materials than others. Couple that with the hidden hardware options with a standard polished finish, the weight of the wheel would be considerably less than a fully powdered coated wheel with standard fastener assembly... Seeing how these wheels are all custom built per the order of the customer, it makes it really difficult to provide the most accurate wheel weights.

Please let us know if there are any questions or if you need any additional information.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by edsuski View Post
    If you sell the advertised wheels and have access to them - how hard would it be to accurately weigh them?
    These wheels are built to order. Unfortunately I don't have any unmounted wheels that I can weight for an exact, however, I did speak to Forgeline and they informed me a 20" wheel weighs about 23 pounds. This is give or take a pound depending on the wheel width. Thank you.

Just a reminder, Friday is the last day to take advantage of Forgeline's wheel sale. For those who are having trouble deciding on a style or are in the market to buy a new car, as a courtesy, we are offering to hold the sale price if you place a pre-order by Friday and leave a 50% deposit on the wheels. Please contact our sales team for more information. Thank you.

Today is the last day of the Forgeline wheel sale. All orders must be placed by the end of business day to qualify for the 20% savings. Remember, you can leave a deposit today to lock in the sale price and finish your order at a later date. Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.