Another shot of the interior - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Another shot of the interior in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by b4z Still not sure if I like the suede on the steering wheel rim. The steering wheel ...
    Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Another shot of the interior

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Still not sure if I like the suede on the steering wheel rim.
    The steering wheel has the matte looking suede, then the ultra gloss spokes, then the textured center. It doesn't look OE to me. Almost like somebody went to Pep Boys and bought a steering wheel rap and cut it to fit.
    My concern with the suede would be sweaty hands at the race track or how dirty it'd get from day to day driving.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My concern with the suede would be sweaty hands at the race track or how dirty it'd get from day to day driving.
    Are you kidding? That steering wheel will be AWESOME for the track...

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I think everyone will think differently of the steering wheel after their first track day/AutoX event with it.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's not actual suede, but a synthetic suede that doesn't stain when it gets wet and is a lot more durable. The most common "brand name" synthetic suede is Alcantara, but I'm not sure if that's the brand that's being used.

Ferraris and Lamborghinis come with Alcantara steering wheels for a reason- better grip.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I have no doubts it'd be great for tracking. My worry is how it's gonna smell or look after lots of driving and it gets dirty from sweat on your hands.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Still not sure if I like the suede on the steering wheel rim.
    The steering wheel has the matte looking suede, then the ultra gloss spokes, then the textured center. It doesn't look OE to me. Almost like somebody went to Pep Boys and bought a steering wheel rap and cut it to fit.
    ^^ Referred to as the "JimmyH Mod" in performance car circles.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hrmmm either one right now sounds fine LOL

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    It's not actual suede, but a synthetic suede that doesn't stain when it gets wet and is a lot more durable. The most common "brand name" synthetic suede is Alcantara, but I'm not sure if that's the brand that's being used.

Ferraris and Lamborghinis come with Alcantara steering wheels for a reason- better grip.
    Tony,

You've obviously not done your homework here. Alcantara first debuted on American vehicles in the 2004 GTO. It is actually made from dyed and stitched kangaroo ball sacks. And no I'm not kidding. Kangaroo ball sacks are apparently very supple, yet durable. There is one drawback though from early pre-production models. During cold weather testing the material suffers from excessive shrinking and may turn a shade of blue. BigJim shared with me that this was corrected through a process known as T-Bagging. Where the ball sacks are impregnated with teflon. Science is amazing.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I just bought a set of accessory wheels. I'm not sure if I'll use them for summer or mount my winters on them. I'll put them on and see. I have a feeling I'll end up using my stockers for summer and the accessory ones for winter.

Been thinking the same thing last couple days.

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

Boy is it both funny and true that "what was once old is now new again."

Alcantara (a brand name) is a synthetic polyester fiber manufactured primarily by Dupont Industries for the textile industries as a level cut and brushed polyester fiber known as micro-fiber.

It is sold under such well known brand names in the automotive industry as "Alcantara" and "Novasuede".

It was very popular in the early 1970's along with black velvet painting of Elvis; anyway it was sold by Dupont to the clothing textile manufacturing industry under the brand name, "Ultra-Suede".

My grandfather had quite a number of "leisure suits" in various colors of the rainbow made from Dupont microfiber; aka: Ultra-Suede.

This is the identical material that is used for the seat inserts on the current generation CTSV's and on furniture world wide and is now being called "Novasuede or Alcantara".

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Are my eyes seeing things??? That looks like a suede covered steeering wheel???

cobrayankee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

That dash is finally quality. It's not a benefit that I can clean my dash board with a hose.

NOT ON MY WATCH is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): GM bought back my lemon 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Tony,

You've obviously not done your homework here. Alcantara first debuted on American vehicles in the 2004 GTO. It is actually made from dyed and stitched kangaroo ball sacks. And no I'm not kidding. Kangaroo ball sacks are apparently very supple, yet durable. There is one drawback though from early pre-production models. During cold weather testing the material suffers from excessive shrinking and may turn a shade of blue. BigJim shared with me that this was corrected through a process known as T-Bagging. Where the ball sacks are impregnated with teflon. Science is amazing.

wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

Tony,

Sir, I am truly impressed with that explanation. I like you already.

SoCal-VEE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V (Sold)...making room

Tony,

That's some funny schit CVP33....good one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.