Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    55
    Posts
    321

    Wink Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    well I was fortunate enough to personally witness the 1/4 times at Milan dragway when the Caddy folks were out there with Motor Trend testing.

    They were getting 12.2-12.3 at 119-121 MPH!!!! and that was with both the manual (which if I recall actually got the lowere of the two that day) and the Auto, and as a previous poster said--this was with "feathered" launches and 60 ft. times in the 1.95-1.98 range.

    I actually posted a vid in this forum of that day--ans they obliged me with a run against my BMW since I told them I had a V on order.

    Also-- I spoke with the head engineer for the V car/project- Mr. Berube, at Monticello. He told me that they actually get even better times on street pavement versus track pavement due to better traction, and..they have tried it on Drag Radials. He said "lets just say mid 11s are not a problem."


  2. #17
    odla's Avatar
    odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    miami ,Fl
    Posts
    2,372

    Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    can you post a link to that video please? thanks

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    55
    Posts
    321

    Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    can you post a link to that video please? thanks

    HERE YOU GO



    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-v-track.html

  4. #19
    gothicaleigh's Avatar
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    MyWorldIsEvil, ButAmericanMade
    Posts
    6,654

    Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    Gm stated that the cts-v goes 0-60 in 3.9 and the 1/4 in 12sec flat. I havent seen even one of several magazines or tests produce anywhere near that number. Now maybe this is a motor that really wakes up after being broken in but so far i'm disappointed that my 130hp less and 500lbs heavier suv is running similar times.
    For comparison, using their testing methods (whatever those may be), Motorweek clocked your Jeep at 4.9 and 13.5. That is nowhere near "similar times".

    http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2527a.shtml

  5. #20
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    Also-- I spoke with the head engineer for the V car/project- Mr. Berube, at Monticello. He told me that they actually get even better times on street pavement versus track pavement due to better traction, and..they have tried it on Drag Radials. He said "lets just say mid 11s are not a problem."


    I've always gotten better traction at the track than on the street and it wasn't even close (additional "rubber" on the track I guess). Granted, this was years and years ago, but that was my experience, as well as those that were dragging with me.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    55
    Posts
    321

    Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post


    I've always gotten better traction at the track than on the street and it wasn't even close (additional "rubber" on the track I guess). Granted, this was years and years ago, but that was my experience, as well as those that were dragging with me.

    In general--that has been my experience too. This is what he said though-and he is a very credible, and humble guy.

    There are a few places I go with my rides that are "grainy" cement blacktop mix, where the car hooks instantly. But those places are not easy to find.

  7. #22
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,571

    Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

    Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    In general--that has been my experience too. This is what he said though-and he is a very credible, and humble guy.

    There are a few places I go with my rides that are "grainy" cement blacktop mix, where the car hooks instantly. But those places are not easy to find.
    Agree on the "grainy" cement--that's instant hookup. I just found that comment interesting is all; I would expect a car at the track to hook up better is all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum